Hello, I apologize if this isn't the proper thread to ask this but I feel this is the closest I can find. I had kernel power v50 installed before. I had overclocking, all that good stuff installed. Then I decided to start fresh and I got the CSSU update. Now, I would to go back to having the kernel power. Is there anyway for me to go back? I tried to install kernel power v51 but when I check on x term, I get 2.6.28-omap1.

Hi Pali,

Are you planning to support animation of the batery icon when charging with your bq2415x_charger module,also to indicate the bat level on the icon? or working on another workaround?

//nkirk

AFAIK, freemangordon is the one, who will pick writing userland bits, that will replace bme, with proper things using bq2415_charger module.

Everything You see as "GUI output" (and much more of backend) is handled by BME now. Same things - but in proper (linux) way, of communicating with kernel module, will be implemented in userland replacement. Mostly, it's about low-power warnings, shutting device down gently on critical low power, and charging from USB (IIRC, I've tested it already, by forcing charging @ 500 mA from PC USB port, and it worked).

In short: be patient, it's going to arrive But don't hold Your breath, as it's going to take so(ooo)me time. you will avoid suffocating risk.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-09-17 at 21:26.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
AFAIK, freemangordon is the one, who will pick writing userland bits, that will replace bme, with proper things using bq2415_charger module.

Everything You see as "GUI output" (and much more of backend) is handled by BME now. Same things - but in proper (linux) way, of communicating with kernel module, will be implemented in userland replacement. Mostly, it's about low-power warnings, shutting device down gently on critical low power, and charging from USB (IIRC, I've tested it already, by forcing charging @ 500 mA from PC USB port, and it worked).

In short: be patient, it's going to arrive But don't hold Your breath, as it's going to take so(ooo)me time. you will avoid suffocating risk.

/Estel
Actually Pali completed what I had started

https://gitorious.org/rx51-bme-replacement

So (according to what Pali said) we have a complete replacements of everything needed. Not tested though :P

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post

So (according to what Pali said) we have a complete replacements of everything needed. Not tested though :P
Great news, me like

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post

Not everything, only hald-addon-bme.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Not everything, only hald-addon-bme.
Well, IIRC libbmeipc needs only this fixed (by using BCI temperature from the new driver) and some code cleanup.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
I'm rewriting libbmeipc from original Nokia open sourced version. It will support all public function (but not all values from bme will be reported...)

Code is now here: https://meego.gitorious.org/~pali/me...li-n900_libbme

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
I'm rewriting libbmeipc from original Nokia open sourced version. It will support all public function (but not all values from bme will be reported...)

Code is now here: https://meego.gitorious.org/~pali/me...li-n900_libbme
Pali, WTF man, I've already did exactly that

Please, join IRC if you have some spare time.

Community SSU developer

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
try running
Code:
apt-get source kernel-power
inside fremantle sdk's scratchbox don't forget to add extras-devel repository to /etc/apt/sources.list and "apt-get update" first
Thanks, I am using this guide: http://maemo.org/community/oldwiki/h...elcompilation/

is it ok to use n770_defconfig as base kernel config file?

Tags
bq2415x_charger, bq27200, kernel-power