Notices

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
Is this firefox browser has the same flash as the n900's default browser?

I mean can i view all sites with flash with the firefox browser?

any device supports youtube but what about other sites?

i simply enjoy video streaming, but some browsers only supports youtube. im hoping this firefox is not one of them
People may be confusing just Youtube as Flash. The only thing that appears to work is Youtube. No other Flash content works. No other video or games and thankfully, no ads

The Following User Says Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
So, I haven't seen any nightly releases since the announcement of Meego. Coincidence or has my app mgr actually not been "sensing" nightly releases?

I see Firefox Mobile up on Ovi Store. Must have been added today.
http://store.ovi.com/content/26002

The Following User Says Thank You to nex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "How to make Fennec the default browser?" with seven posts has been merged into this thread.

why would you want anything other then microB as default? the only thing i can think of is weave but me personally not impressed with firefox.

I like the way microB looks in landscape mode, fits the pages well and you dont need to zoom in to read. for me microB is smoother.

but i do have ff installed and think it could be alot better

I actually have been using Fennec/Firefox for a couple of weeks exclusively, mostly because I've gotten so used to the various finger-gestures to call up the awesome bar/back-forward buttons/tabs, etc. I love the add ons and the possibilities are great. I also think the bookmark implementation is better (and easier to manage, thanks to Weave). But reading this thread made me hop back onto MicroB and it's just so much smoooother I may have to switch back... That said, MicroB does seem to crash more often - I've rarely had that problem with Firefox.

Last edited by heybige; 2010-02-25 at 22:03.

Originally Posted by heybige View Post
I actually have been using Fennec/Firefox for a couple of weeks exclusively, mostly because I've gotten so used to the various finger-gestures to call up the awesome bar/back-forward buttons/tabs, etc. I love the add ons and the possibilities are great. I also think the bookmark implementation is better (and easier to manage, thanks to Weave). But reading this thread made me hop back onto MicroB and it's just so much smoooother I may have to switch back... That said, MicroB does seem to crash more often - I've rarely had that problem with Firefox.
firefox crashes for me, i cant recall microB crashing

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Israel
Firefox has got some nice ui improvements over microB, and it's got weave.
But it's slower, and less responsive..
So, nope, not using it.

The Following User Says Thank You to late666 For This Useful Post:
how can I replace the standard browser with firefox so that a site always opens with Firefox on the N900?

@abroad Just get Browser Switchboard from Extras-Testing.

The Following User Says Thank You to sxg75 For This Useful Post: