Notices

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
I re-sized the round ones to 36x36 pngs, but they don't display:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dbu62g

Filesize for each png is large, I probably should have compressed more than 50%.

One thing which could cause the problem are missing image files.
You need a complete set like in test-png, i.e., you also need the "períod.png", "space.png" etc. files as well.
For a start you could try copying these files from the test-png set and see if this solves your issues.

To get further output of what is going wrong you can launch the status menu as follows (as root):
Code:
DEBUG_OUTPUT=1 /usr/bin/hildon-status-menu
Note: you need to terminate it with CTRL-C if started this way.
Also, to get your clock "fixed" afterwards run (as root):
Code:
pkill -f /usr/bin/hildon-status-menu

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bushey, Herts, UK.
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
One thing which could cause the problem are missing image files.
You need a complete set like in test-png, i.e., you also need the "períod.png", "space.png" etc. files as well.
For a start you could try copying these files from the test-png set and see if this solves your issues.
Sorry, I forgot about mentioning those other files.
I used the test.png ones.

I made a flip clock theme, however all digits animate continually and the seconds run away. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I was using looping gifs. Duh.

I have a set of gifs for a flip-clock. Extract to /home/opt/usr/lib/advanced-clock-plugin/digits.

Wonko: It seems the display isn't completely refreshed each frame, so my flipping bits leave a trail - would it be possible to remedy this?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Flipclock (1).zip (63.8 KB, 165 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Wonko: If I were to figure out how to implement an any-clock-style-usable refresh-every-second option, and submitted it to you, would you actually include it in the Advanced Clock Plugin?

If so, would you prefer the way I can do easily in the current frame-work - stick it as a boolean in gconf - or would you rather I tried to figure out how to make it just a variable that's not saved anywhere? (GConf is the one I can simply do based on what I already see in the code - however, it would either have to be integrated into the settings applet, or one clock-style would leave it set to true while another that doesn't need it would end up refreshing once-a-second even when only showing minutes.)

Also, is there a way I can check a variable being set in the individual clock-style from advanced-clock-plugin.py? Creating a self.whatever = 1 in the init of the clockstyle and checking for it from within advanced-clock-plugin.py doesn't throw any horrible errors that I can see, but it doesn't actually work (in fact, if you switch off show seconds while doing this, then switch it back on, the clock stops refreshing every second).

(Back to fiddling I go. Damn it my clock-style will see the light of day...)

- Edit -

Also, I just noticed my Clock applet is gone from the status-menu. Was that supposed to happen? The last thing I did was update this and NMap. And I doubt NMap had to do with it.

- Edit 2 -

status-menu.conf is fine, I see you brought in your own clock-plugin.desktop (and saved a backup of the last one). I approve. I was already contemplating this myself for a while, never got around to suggesting it because of all the other stuff going on. Looking forward to what this will eventually develop into.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-02-01 at 20:24.

Here is a screenshot of my flip clock. You can see what I mean about the trail.
Attached Images

I just uploaded version 0.15.0 to extras devel.
This version adds two Nixie Tube image sets based on the images rotoflex linked.

@Mentalist Traceur
Did you get your issue resolved?
I changed the way Advanced Clock Plugin hooks itself into the system because I got some reports about people having issues with the old solution.

The old solution was that I used sed etc. to modify "/etc/hildon-desktop/status-menu.plugins".
Now I am replacing "/usr/share/applications/hildon-status-menu/clock-plugin.desktop" with my own version and keeping a "backup" of the original one in "/usr/share/applications/hildon-status-menu/clock-plugin.desktop.distrib".
Unfortunately, my first attempt was not working correctly.
Version 0.15.0 should fix this issue.

I attached the original clock-plugin.desktop file just in case someone messes up its own as I did while struggling with that issue.

@skykooler
Yes, that's the issue I meant with respect to transparent areas in animations.
As for a quick fix:
Would it be possible to surround the images with some kind of frame such that there are no transparent areas in the animation?

I tried to find a better solution ever since I am aware of this issue.
Though, unfortunately I didn't find a satisfying solution yet.
I had one approach that used a rectangle on a cairo context to "overdraw" the last animation frame with "transparency" (basically erase a rectangular area in which the animation happens) prior to drawing the next animation frame.
Though, this approach caused the animation to flicker.

Maybe someone with more expertise in (py)gtk pixbuf and drawable/drawing area has a better idea?
Attached Files
File Type: txt clock-plugin.desktop.txt (142 Bytes, 99 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
Just to say that as of the latest version, (0.15.0) "Clocks & Alarms" is no longer showing in the status menu.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hootenholler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
a small feature request:
it would be nice if one could set the default maemo-clock. i dont want to uninstall this just to get the maemo clock back.

The Following User Says Thank You to msa For This Useful Post: