Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Also, could I keep using the stylus with the screen protector?

Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
Also, could I keep using the stylus with the screen protector?
As near as I can tell (I am not an expert on this), the front surface of the n900 is a screen protector. I am confident enough of this that I have decided not to put another screen protector on top of that. Your needs and results may vary.

- The screen is said to be easily scratched, and a protector has been recommended by many.
- It's been reported that using a normal screen protector does not reduce screen sensitivity, so you can continue using a stylus. Only the invisible shield type of "military grade" protectors have a rather rubbery feeling which might feel a bit odd.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by shapeshifter View Post
- The screen is said to be easily scratched, and a protector has been recommended by many.
- It's been reported that using a normal screen protector does not reduce screen sensitivity, so you can continue using a stylus. Only the invisible shield type of "military grade" protectors have a rather rubbery feeling which might feel a bit odd.
Heya, i have a duratec screen protector and agree, it is quite rubbery, but i put it on bad i think - anyway, it does work fine with it on, noticeable, but still works fine

Afterabout 4 days without a screen protector i felt too nervous, just in case it scratched :|

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by j.s View Post
As near as I can tell (I am not an expert on this), the front surface of the n900 is a screen protector.
I thoght that the slightly soft feeling of the sceen surface comes from the resistive foil. That foil is plastic. It might be hard plastic but it will get scratches. So I have screen protector on mine.

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bristol, UK
I got the Vikuiti ARMR200, which makes a big deal about remaining sensitive for resistive touchscreens.
I applied it before booting for the first time so can't compare before & after, but I have NO complaints about the sensitivity or visibility of the screen now, and my mind is at rest about scratching.

OK but that doesn't answer your question: do I need one?
The way I saw it was this: without a protector, I would constantly worry about scratches. So yes, I needed one. The fact that you're asking the same question makes me suspect that you need one too .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spanner For This Useful Post:
My screen got scratched, and it pisses me off :P So if you love your device, i would recommend it =)

I wonder if i will be able to get a replacement screen/glass for the N900?..

"Do I need a screen protector for the N900?"

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.............. and yes again.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Como, Italy
simple answer: yes
longer answer: without a protector you will scratch it, unless you take other more painful measures :P

just installed my zagg invisible shield and these are nice and perfect fit. holes on sensors so dont have to worry bout that. no loss of sensitivity either. but using the stylus will be the negative part. but for finger and nails.. it ok.

The Following User Says Thank You to ryuran For This Useful Post: