This app looks very promising! I am newcomer when it comes to Maemo, and know this is still on extras, but I would still appreicate a short guide how to add maps etc. I have installed the application but don't know where to get maps and how to install them.

Another question, is routing supported yet?

Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
@aliquer: To add maps look at /opt/cloudgps/providers.ini file. No routing yet.

I have checked again all the big players (Google, Bing, Yahoo) and still their terms of use does not allow me to use for routing and geocoding. OVI API is pretty much non-existant at the moment. Guess I will have to stick with OSM and CloudMade only for now.

Little update: I reworked the internals on memory management few times now and finally have a quite simple version that does the job efficiently (and very stable now, only a minor tweaking needed). That took much more time that it should and is not that much visible for end user besides that without paging the occasional frame drops are rare now.

Has anyone been able to get Finnish topomaps to work with CloudGPS? The URL for map repository is quite tricky with all the spaces in it.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo-mapper_topomaps

Originally Posted by Jaykie View Post
Has anyone been able to get Finnish topomaps to work with CloudGPS? The URL for map repository is quite tricky with all the spaces in it.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo-mapper_topomaps
When I try the URL like this:
Code:
http://topomaps.tableteer.nokia.com/_tTilesD/0/0/0.png
It asks for username and password. I have no idea what to enter here.

If you use correct URL with spaces it redirects to OpenStreetMap map tile.

The Following User Says Thank You to Diph For This Useful Post:
Yeah the URL is very tricky but it's working for Mappero. Nokia used to provide this as an additional Map repository for Maemo Mapper in N810 but it's been "hacked" to be used in Mappero/N900 as well.

I usually use the link provided in this comment:
http://laimeasilli.wordpress.com/200...a/#comment-745

As you can see it includes quite many spaces and URL also includes @ character which is used to separate username/password from actual URL?

Last edited by Jaykie; 2010-10-06 at 07:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaykie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Hei!

I have a problem! When i try to install this software... then i get this:
Depends: libgles1 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libgles1ösgx-img (>=020090218.51+0m5) but it is not going to be installed

When i try apt-get install libgles1:
Depends: libgles1-sgx-img

when i try apt-ge install libgles1-sgx-img:
Depends: opengles-sgx-img-common (=0.20091104.34+0m5) but 0.20200611.6+0m5 is to be installed

I use pr. 1.3 (beta tester) can this is the problem? I want to test this .

Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
I use pr. 1.3 (beta tester) can this is the problem? I want to test this .
Yes, the PR1.3 is the problem. Nokia Software Update repository does not work for fremantle-1.3 yet and you cannot install this library. If you manage to find this specific deb you will be able to test it on leaked PR1.3. Exactly the same problem occured with previous (PR1.2) leaked firmware.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Ok .. thanks.

I don't have leaked PR1.3. It's real deal, but hope that will released soon!

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
theres a j2me app named mgmaps aka mobile gmaps which used to have google map, yahoo map, msn map and few others. later he recieved letter from google to remove google map service. after that he removed google map option but provided custom map url, now users can add google map url and then use google map now. now the author of the app donot violate any google rule but the user.

now the question is is api for those maping sites similar? i mean if user replaces url of osm with url of google map will it work without changing any other settings/codes? if yes then I don' see any point not to allow users to add custom url in your app. i hope this is the case.

Tags
best gps app