Notices

Hey there guys. I just came here to remind you guys, that APPARENTLY, the openGL es plugins for the n800/n810 are now available freely for download from powervr's website. I'm not too sure if it really is the plugin for the n800, but it does mention that it is for OMAP2420 devices under the Linux platform (i don't know of any other OMAP2420 device that uses Linux). All you need to do is follow this link, and make sure you register, or else you won't be able to download. Again, I might be wrong, and maybe this SDK won't allow you to access the hardware inside the n800, but anyways here it is.
good luck

Last edited by M03Z; 2007-11-15 at 15:41.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I've downloaded and unpacked the SDK.
Actually, from the PDF Guide:

OpenGL ES libraries are not distributed with the PowerVR Linux SDKs. Ask your platform provider for these if you do not have them. Copy all the libraries (*.so) into: \SDKPackage\Builds\OGLES\<platform>\Lib
So we need them from our "platform provider", i.e. Nokia.

I wonder why Nokia doesn't want to release OpenGL ES plugins for the n800? I mean they did release the S60 3rd edition plugins, why aren't they releasing the n800's?

Originally Posted by M03Z View Post
I wonder why Nokia doesn't want to release OpenGL ES plugins for the n800? I mean they did release the S60 3rd edition plugins, why aren't they releasing the n800's?
Create a new "bug" in bugzilla for it. That should get their attention.
It is a bug if a program that normally would compile and run on an N800 is lacking something easily found for the rest of their new phone lineup.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by iball View Post
Create a new "bug" in bugzilla for it. That should get their attention.
It is a bug if a program that normally would compile and run on an N800 is lacking something easily found for the rest of their new phone lineup.
It can be filed as feature request, if not there already and we can all vote for it.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
This whole subject is in the hands of zodttd and his crew of mad scientists.

We'll get playable psx on n800 if and when they make it happen. Begging and donations => http://zodttd.com

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
I am writing to report that there is no good news to report on this.

There is no good news to report on this.

Hopefully i can get some hints of what is happening soon.

love the profile pic btw

I am writing to report that there is no good news to report on this.
As in no news at all, or bad news?