Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Am I missing something here now...??

AFAIK there's no 4G (LTE, that is) available in the Jolla device, at least not in SailfishOS ver. 1.0.3.8 which I am running.
So have you got a newer update lately?
No official LTE, but you can turn it on with the app from this thread (no call/sms during lte though for now)

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
No official LTE, but you can turn it on with the app from this thread (no call/sms during lte though for now)
Ah, cool! Maybe I'll have a go at it.
First I need to find out if my subscription covers LTE, as I believe it might be just 2G/3G.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Thanks - getting some great speeds with 4G.

When i use the app and switch it to 4g, it just keeps saying offline and searching....

When I switch back to 3g I can't turn my internet on, it won't allow me to in settings (even though the internet was on when i switched from 4g to 3g) - requires a reboot

The Following User Says Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
mattaustin: That's superb!

Dared: settings application is famous in not responding. It can do it when you just leave it open. Offline does not mean your internet connection is switched off in settings, but that modem is not connected. If it stays offline and searching it means that either there is no LTE network coverage on supported bands or that your mobile subscription does not have LTE service enabled. That situation you described can be in most of the cases solved by switching to 2G/3G and waiting for a moment, some times even minutes until modem can access operator network. Sometimes you need to switch multiple times between 2G and 3G. Notice that icon means only selected mode, actual is beside Network heading (GSM = 2G, UMTS = 3G, LTE = 4G) I have had similar issues few times but it has never required reboot. With my operator every switching directly from 2G to 4G and "punisment" is that I have to wait few minutes to access any band.

Last edited by Penguin; 2014-03-12 at 17:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to Penguin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
mattaustin: That's superb!

Dared: settings application is famous in not responding. It can do it when you just leave it open. Offline does not mean your internet connection is switched off in settings, but that modem is not connected. If it stays offline and searching it means that either there is no LTE network coverage on supported bands or that your mobile subscription does not have LTE service enabled. That situation you described can be in most of the cases solved by switching to 2G/3G and waiting for a moment, some times even minutes until modem can access operator network. Sometimes you need to switch multiple times between 2G and 3G. Notice that icon means only selected mode, actual is beside Network heading (GSM = 2G, UMTS = 3G, LTE = 4G) I have had similar issues few times but it has never required reboot. With my operator every switching directly from 2G to 4G and "punisment" is that I have to wait few minutes to access any band.
I did get once into endless searching state, but instead of rebooting airplane mode on/off did the trick for me

Okay, so i'm on the same operator as matt austin is (Virgin Mobile). I've checked their coverage map and 4G is available in my whole suburb.

I have activated 4G with Virgin. That's definite

When i switch to 4G there is no network whatsoever. That means there's no 4G symbol displayed, nor an internet status on my home screen. I can't connect to the internet, nor can i even select in settings to connect to the internet

Strange :/

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Virgin / Optus are having major problems today, I have no internet connectivity on 2/3/4g.

https://community.virginmobile.com.a...tage/m-p/31699

http://optus.custhelp.com/app/service/status/list

The Following User Says Thank You to mattaustin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
Virgin / Optus are having major problems today, I have no internet connectivity on 2/3/4g.

https://community.virginmobile.com.a...tage/m-p/31699

http://optus.custhelp.com/app/service/status/list
Just checked - apparently no issues in my area

I'll double check everything with my account and give it another go tomorrow

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
I had a crash yesterday when switching from 4G to 2G, the phone switched off.

Tags
cellular radio, jolla