I cant seem to permanently install the examples that are given in qt creator... i have tried using the .deb it actually sends to the n900 when debugging, but when i drag onto my phone and open in app manager it wont install it, just get an error... any help??? i have also tried a hello world app from scratch which i successfully packaged and installed on my phone, just wondering why this one wont work?

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
So this is the QtCreator which was launched yesterday? The previous version was not able to package software for N900. Some kind of tutorial would be nice, I haven't had the time to play with it yet.

bump...........

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Slovakia, Žilina
How to create a deb package in a Qt Creator?

re bump.......???

anyone?????????

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Tampere, Finland
Are you guys talking about this Packaging error - Command 'dh_make -s -n -p -maemo_test_0.1' failed ?

I'm getting it too when trying to deploy an app from Qt Creator to the N900. Would like to know how to get things working.

Hi,

Originally Posted by strekazoid View Post
Are you guys talking about this Packaging error - Command 'dh_make -s -n -p -maemo_test_0.1' failed ?

I'm getting it too when trying to deploy an app from Qt Creator to the N900. Would like to know how to get things working.
in the name for a package should not contain any underscores. Try to name it "maemo-test" and it should work. Some more information about package naming:

packagename_version_arch.deb, where "packagename" is the name of the package, "version" is the package version with major, minor, and revision numbers, and "arch" is the architecture for the package.

The name of the package itself (not the filename, just the name of the package) can contain lowercase letters, numbers, and the "-" and "+" characters.
source

Daniel

The Following User Says Thank You to danielwilms For This Useful Post:
Concerning using QtCreator to create a deb package (using the final 2.0 version part of NokiaQtSDK); is it currently possible at all to customize the package creation process (e.g., by editing debian/rules, debian/control etc.)? It seems that currently QtCreator always executes the same build steps. This means that I at the moment still need to use the Scratchbox environment to build my project.

Hi,

Originally Posted by s15mos View Post
I cant seem to permanently install the examples that are given in qt creator... i have tried using the .deb it actually sends to the n900 when debugging, but when i drag onto my phone and open in app manager it wont install it, just get an error...
which error do you get? Do you have the exact error-message? Maybe missing dependencies? Hard to say what's going wrong. You could as well get root-access on the device and run:

Code:
dpkg -i /path/to/your/package/package.deb
Daniel