Posts: 51 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Stockholm
The reader from Feedly seems to be the best RSS handler since Google reader kicked the bucket.
Unfortunately I have not found any native application for the Jolla phone and the android app crashes when trying to login.

Anyone know of anything usable?

//j

Originally Posted by jesper View Post
Unfortunately I have not found any native application for the Jolla phone and the android app crashes when trying to login.

Anyone know of anything usable?

//j
I don't know how you looked but I would say look at tidings in store. You also find it by typing rss in store search field .

The Following User Says Thank You to ljo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
I'd be interested in a Feedly app too, it's my feed reader of choice after the demise of Google Reader. It seems it has a developer API too.

EDIT: whoa, I forgot that gNewsReader (feed reader for Harmattan) implemented Feedly support some time ago! Maybe it can be ported to sailfish, I'll try to get in touch with the developer.

Last edited by Watchmaker; 2014-02-01 at 01:21.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Personally, I'm waiting for the developer that made the Tiny Tiny RSS client for Harmattan to return from Austraiia (!) and work on the SailfishOS version, which is already in the plans (https://github.com/cnlpete/ttrss/issues/58)

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
I'm developing a NewsBlur client for Sailfish OS. Currently I am working on the lower-level API client, but a native silica UI is next on the cards:
https://github.com/mattaustin/gaussian/tree/development

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattaustin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I can only recommend tidings. Try it!

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I can only recommend tidings. Try it!
I did and it's quite good, the problem for me is that I don't always read my feeds on the same device, so having a cloud service I can access from all my devices is very important to me. So if I read something on the PC it doesn't show anymore as unread on the tablet and the phone, etc.

I could export my feed list in OPML format from feedly and then import it in Tidings, but then the two would not talk to each other (unless things changed since the last time I tried Tidings).

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Toulouse, France
If you use ownCloud then there is the News application that is great.

There is a very good Harmattan/Sailfish app called ocNews that sync with your ownCloud. ocNews is available on openrepos.

http://ocnews.buschmann23.de/

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Stockholm
OK, thanks for the tips.

Maybe i have to skip Feedly and go for another platform. This as I, like Watchmaker here above, values synchronization between all my devices.

//j

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Venice, Italy
I'm developing a Feedly native client for SailfishOS right now.
I can't promise anything but I could have something ready covering the basic functionalities in a couple of weeks.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to donaggio For This Useful Post: