Posts: 34 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Erie, PA, USA
Just curious whether anyone else experiences poor, choppy video playback with internet videos such as youtube... even on extremely simple blog sites, embedded videos are playing back choppy - to the point where the video falls several seconds behind the audio.

prime example: this youtube video embedded in my buddy's blog... the page cannot get simpler, yet playback is muddled and choppy: http://fun.garyh.org/post/29698252

this wasn't an issue when i first got the tablet, so i'm wondering if youtube's coding has changed to optimize playback on more powerful machines, or if things i've installed (even though they're not running) may be to blame.

is there anything you guys have tried, with any amount of success, to optimize the browsing experience? programs you've uninstalled (or installed?) or things that can be done to use available memory to boost performance (a la vista's ramboost?)

thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Apoc112 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Doesn't exactly answer your question, but your YouTube videos will be very smooth if you download them first. I don't know if this new Canola plug-in does this, but if I remember correctly, it does or will. There are other solutions too. I just use bywifi.com and use the Save option.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

works fine on my N800... I have to say that I'm running modified sysctl (per brontide) as well as the mozilla prefs.js files. Just search for brontide and his optimization tips.

My N800: OS2008, Fanoush's initfs, SanDisk 4Gig x 2 SDHC, BoxWave FlexSkin and Sync Charger, Homebrew External Power Pack (4xAA NiMH Rechargeable 2400 mA)

Greetings from Sunny San Diego, California!

Mine had this problem also, mine never did this before, and all of a sudden it just started playing horribly and it somehow corrected itself about a week later

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Yeah there is a thread around with the title tuning the internet tablet. There are some changes which you can via about:config. Try them they may improve the browsing experience