Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by efekt View Post
Fud fud fud fud fud fap fap fap
I laughed. Last thing I expected to read on here was "fap."
So, you apparently don't believe there's anything wrong with Nokia?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Don't ask such a question. The response will be too large and flowing with negativity for the forum to contain.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
What is fap anyway? Googled it and all I got was big words like Familial adenomatous polyposis and stuff about masturbation.

Couple, you say? Heheh

By contrast, Apple as ~35K employees, Nokia ~125K. Which company do you think is worth more? Makes more profit? Has more cashflow?

No really--I'm asking if you know the answer. I don't really know. I'm just saying that I'd expect Nokia would--but I have a sneaking suspicion that it's not.
Apple took Google's Maps API back in the day and made their own maps app. Nokia lacks extreme software engineering practices big time. Since its their approach which is questionable, i dont understand how next generation high end Nokia smartphones can be better. A batch of high end Nokia phones have failed in past couple of years now. Generic Meego port (in works) is for dev purposes. Main question is will Nokia bring their version of Meego to n900 and the answer is NO

Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
Apple took Google's Maps API back in the day and made their own maps app. Nokia lacks extreme software engineering practices big time. Since its their approach which is questionable, i dont understand how next generation high end Nokia smartphones can be better. A batch of high end Nokia phones have failed in past couple of years now. Generic Meego port (in works) is for dev purposes. Main question is will Nokia bring their version of Meego to n900 and the answer is NO
Well, and to that end, I also suspect that Apple takes very good care to keep supporting at least the past two iterations of their devices each time they release a new device and operating system, in addition to making a plethora of accessories available from first and third party sources to make their device fit customers' individual usage and interests. This is something I've never seen Nokia do: flirt with and enchant customers into the brand so that they continue to buy newer devices. If anything, Nokia's dreadful customer support and appalling product support has illustrated to me a company with severe repulsiveness toward customers.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
What is fap anyway? Googled it and all I got was big words like Familial adenomatous polyposis and stuff about masturbation.
It's a common "internet" forum reference to the sounds made by the actions of the last word of your last comment, quoted above. I believe he's trying to infer that some people here are fapping to what he believes to be FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) about Nokia in the article.

Originally Posted by xenkof View Post
Here's an interesting insightful article about the bureaucracy within Nokia that practically strangles engineers.
http://www.hs.fi/english/article/Kno.../1135260596609

No wonder their OS's are so halfbaked and take aeons to finish.
Lies, ALL LIES!

Nokia is one of the best companies in the world. Their products are so much better than iCrap and FailDroid! Don't you know that I can open a portal through space and time with my N900. Try doing that with iPhone.

Of course, my calendar doesn't sync properly, the battery life is shite and sometimes it mixes up my album art, so...I guess it's a wash.

Oh look, another awesome rage thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
"The creme brulé has been eaten. The waiter brings the bill..."

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Is this the thread where I just let out all of my rage? I mean... this thread has fud, fap, and danramos. That's gotta be my cue to be a rageaholic.

GERB SMASH!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
fanboy fap, heyheyheygoodby