Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
yesterday we had the "MeeGo Hack Sonntach" (MeeGo Hacking Sunday in german slang) where we invited those who got an ExoPC at the last MeeGo Freeday as part of the coding competition. We were about 20 people and you should see some really cool MeeGo Tablet Apps during the next few weeks.
Awesome! looking forward to seeing those

Originally Posted by helex View Post
I'm very interestend in the MeeGo platform, I contributed last time with 1 application and I'm contributing currently to this competition with 2 applications. I hope I will get 3 ready until the end of June. One of those should be easily portable to MeeGo Handset and Tablet. Perhaps I could rewrite my DreamRemote in C++/Qt, too. The interface could benefit from QML. But without a Device I'm unable to test and develop for it...
It mentions in the wiki that MeeGo devices could be provided to developers with 'promising' applications. I have no idea how that would be judged but I'm sure you must be in with a chance, not only because of the excellent quality of your applications but also because of your enthusiasm for developing with Qt and your obvious interest in developing MeeGo skills - in addition to your support of both competitions so far. Hopefully you'll be rewarded for your dedication, and that goes for everyone else working hard on their applications too

Sadly Berlin is to far away for me. So I couldn't attend to the several MeeGo events.
I did reply to a tweet from @Develop4AppUp mentioning something similar in regards to Uk/Ireland, there seems to be so many events in Germany and India. I didnt receive any reply but hopefully these events will spread out a bit further in the future. In reality, it's because of the hard work of guys like zehjotkah who get these events arranged in his home country of Germany. If only we had a zehjotkah everywhere

Edit: wait.. Ive just noticed your country is listed as Germany, Helex! Berlin can't be that far away! Maybe it's time you had a vacation to the capital

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2011-05-09 at 20:39.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Awesome! looking forward to seeing those
Me too! Some should be really awesome!

It mentions in the wiki that MeeGo devices could be provided to developers with 'promising' applications. I have no idea how that would be judged but I'm sure you must be in with a chance, not only because of the excellent quality of your applications but also because of your enthusiasm for developing with Qt and your obvious interest in developing MeeGo skills - in addition to your support of both competitions so far. Hopefully you'll be rewarded for your dedication, and that goes for everyone else working hard on their applications too
helex, just sent you an email.

I did reply to a tweet from @Develop4AppUp mentioning something similar in regards to Uk/Ireland, there seems to be so many events in Germany and India. I didnt receive any reply but hopefully these events will spread out a bit further in the future. In reality, it's because of the hard work of guys like zehjotkah who get these events arranged in his home country of Germany. If only we had a zehjotkah everywhere

Edit: wait.. Ive just noticed your country is listed as Germany, Helex! Berlin can't be that far away! Maybe it's time you had a vacation to the capital
I hope to come back to you with more info regarding an AppLab in UK later this day. (edit: check your mails)
Thanks for your nice words.
yes, helex, you should really move to Berlin!

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-05-10 at 10:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Germany is not THAT small, kojacker. Berlin is on the opposite corner of germany. For me to expensive at the moment and I use my rare sparetime currently rather to develop my small projects instead of traveling around the world.

helex, just sent you an email.
Thanks zehjotkah. I guess after your email I'm even more unable to have a vacation in Berlin. In fact I need a day off or two for the MeeGo Coding Competition 2011.

If someone is able to spent me some spare time, Donations are welcome!

yes, helex, you should really move to Berlin!
MOVE?! Kojacker has only mentioned to have a vacation at Berlin... and you're instantly advise to move?!
No no no! I even don't speak the same language... And what would happen with my Family and my Job?
No, that wouldn't happen. Perhaps a vacation. But not this year.

Now, if you'll excuse me, Qt and QTcpServer is waiting...

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Great work everyone. Donation sent today

Dang it sucks that the comp ends 30th June. My uni finishes 29th June, which leaves me a whole day (2 given timezones?) to write the application I was going to spend all Summer writing :P

Would have loved to enter a 'newcomer' program into the competition.

Ps. Next year consider running it till end of July? Then all university students get a good opportunity to spend their month off programming :P

Last edited by IzzehO; 2011-05-11 at 03:22.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IzzehO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by br1zer View Post
Great work everyone. Donation sent today
As he said.
10€ by br1zer

Originally Posted by helex View Post
Thanks zehjotkah. I guess after your email I'm even more unable to have a vacation in Berlin. In fact I need a day off or two for the MeeGo Coding Competition 2011.
Have fun with your new MeeGo device!

edit:
another donation:
10€ by tpd

thanks a lot!

edit2:
we now got 303€, 13,37€ PayPal fees, that makes 289,63€ in total.

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-05-11 at 09:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Have fun with your new MeeGo device!
Thanks a lot!
I guess the pressure to release something great will get now even higher... I hope I'm able to release something useful targeting MeeGo until the end of June...

By the way: If someone knows a little bit about linux and daemons, please give me a leading hand!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
I added a couple of application proposals to wiki: UAE4All Hildon UI and Calendar item privatizer.

If somebody is interested to know more what I was thinking about when proposing those, please just ask.

The Following User Says Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Donation update:
25 € ny annonymous. please send me your nickname if you don't want to be listed as annonymous.

Thanks a lot!

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Inner-Spin now added..... looks to be some fabulous entries up already!! I look forward to teying them all out!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tpd For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia