Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
The display on my N800 occationally starts to jitter or jerk. What is likely the problem. I am able to disassemble if needed.

P.S. (An interesting observation) When my display is jittery and the screen blanks out due to the 5 minute timeout, the jitter is gone when I reactvate screen.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2009-07-20 at 15:59.

Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
The display on my N800 occationally starts to jitter or jerk. What is likely the problem. I am able to disassemble if needed.
I had this too recently. There is no real solution, it is the end of the N800.

Get a N810, good prices at the moment.That's what I did.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rider For This Useful Post:
I agree, even if I later buy an N900 the N810 is a good backup NIT.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
See this thread for others in same situation. My tablet has gotten a tad better though, but the problem persists.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
I have an N800 too, one year and a half new I like to say , and I get really worried every time I read about these screen issues on our models...
Does some sort of "database" of faulty devices exist? Is there some known correlation between month/week of production, revision, "birthplace" and the devices that presented this problem?

Thanks Stskeeps, just saw your post

The Following User Says Thank You to JustNick For This Useful Post:
my n800 screen has always problems during winter. that's why i stopped using my tablet outside. i use it only at home for couch browsing and reading

Den, When did you buy your n800?

Originally Posted by pataphysician View Post
Den, When did you buy your n800?
I bought it new on eBay on 09/01/07.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Montreal,Qc,Canada
I guess this problem is still open. Mine just started the same scrolling effect like and old TV set that has a bad vertical hold problem. I'm no longer cover by warranty but I'm still hoping someone will come up with a solution I can implement. I miss my N800 a lot but would probably resit buying an other Nokia device after this.