Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Not sure if this is a bug or feature, but there are 2 settings of same name (Allow Background Connections) hidden in these 2 settings pane

Internet connection
Mobile network

To allow the IM to stay connected and keep the event page updated, it seems that the setting needs to be enabled (otherwise it will disconnect when there is no much data coming in or out). I am a bit curious whether these 2 settings are linked because when I enable it in one (regardless whether in Internet connection or Mobile network pane), then the same setting in another pane gets enabled too. Same thing happens when disabling it.

It would be nice to get the settings to behave independently with respect to what type of network connection my N9 is on since I am not on a data plan (am constantly surrounded with WIFI signal ). In other words, I would like to enable the settings for Internet connections (WIFI) and have it disabled for Mobile connections.

So.. is this really a bug or it is just a feature of N9 (the linkage of 2 settings... or are they even the same setting that just happens to appear in both panes?)?

The Following User Says Thank You to Jeffrey04 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Please post in this thread:
N9 owners: answer questions & get help!
And if possible delete your OP, so this thread disappears.

Thank-you.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post: