Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Portrait mode may not be officially support by Nokia, it may or may not one day support by the community here. People already brainstorming on how to proceed on this matter here.

Same goes as MMS is being support be the community right now. fMMS is the application you may need to install to make your device MMS-able. In my point of view MMS is not important in my everyday life. I barely touched it at all on my other MMS capable devices.

The only time I gave it a played is when it first came out, otherwise it's a technology that outdated and inefficient and could also lead to bullying in schooling as well.

I don't find MMS a must have functionality toward N900. That may be just me though.
I have been involved in brainstorming, I have both thought of ideas, solutions an contributed to debates. After 4 months... only 4/5 applications have ever been created as a result of brainstorm (have a look on the brainstorm status!!), Ive come to the logical conclusion that Brainstorm is a talking shop - and nothing else. Its not working and applications are not being created as a result of it. This for me is killing the N900, its very sad indeed.

Last edited by chrisp7; 2010-03-10 at 00:40.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chrisp7 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tizbad2k View Post
Why is MMS so important to you an others? I just dont see the need for it given the integration of push email and other push like services such as sky and google talk. MMS also usually costs significantly more per use than a regular text.

Just wondering....
shouldn't peoples reactions to the lack of mms be enough of a reason.regardless of the fact its old technology lots of people use it. just because there are better options doesnt mean the old method should be thrown out the window

its the same question as why use a normal land line or mobile which costs considerably more than VOIP. VOIP is free (with data package or wifi) your n900 has it but i bet most people here still use the normal phone.

what your saying is the same thing apple tried to say when the first iphone came out. who needs mms you have email. due to pretty much the entire world laughing at them they soon caved in. do you think your argument is going to change things lol

either way i use mms lots, or did but im gonna start playing about with fmms now i know nokia are not going to official support it. the popularity of the app alone should show how much people want mms

The Following User Says Thank You to Neegs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I think one day Nokia might consider people whining about the MMS and decides to add it in the official. But it is one day So keep up your hope guys.. Who ever wanting MMS, just keep it up.

Let us pray to the lord Nokia!! Oh dear king of all king, please bring us the MMS that we are waiting for on the N900, I know that it will eventually appear before us. With our true spirit and soul, we may pray in Nokia name, Amen!

AKA: Sacarsm lol

Originally Posted by Tizbad2k View Post
Why is MMS so important to you an others? I just dont see the need for it given the integration of push email and other push like services such as sky and google talk. MMS also usually costs significantly more per use than a regular text.

Just wondering....
Because not all of my friends have smart phones with email access. Picture messages are much easier to receive and view then pulling up your phone's email client.

here is my copy and paste LOL

Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
WTF!???? are you serious!? Why the HELL wasnt this made clear by Nokia. All this time I have been waiting.

This could be the straw that broke the camels back for me.

Nokia, you have f***ed up with the N900. Im livid.
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
you cant be that disapointed since fmms has a very good integration and hopefully in future will auto download mms which would be same as other phones/official product

Considering the power of the platform I see no other reason besides laziness in creating an integrated MMS solution. I mean how hard can it be for Nokia?

The N900 may be an internet tablet but the fact remains that it's also a phone. Customers have come to expect certain standards for the phones they buy and the whole point of this is to get the best of Both worlds.

The Following User Says Thank You to barc0de For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Anybody else noticed the price of the N900 keeps on falling and falling? Maybe mine is next to be sold at a discounted rate.

The Following User Says Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bethesda, MD
points understood, especially about friends not having smartphones and about people wanting it in general.

But i wouldnt liken it to voip vs mobile or landline. it doesnt require using completely different hardware/infrastructure.

Originally Posted by barc0de View Post
Considering the power of the platform I see no other reason besides laziness in creating an integrated MMS solution. I mean how hard can it be for Nokia?

The N900 may be an internet tablet but the fact remains that it's also a phone. Customers have standards for the phones and the whole point of this is to get the best of Both worlds.
you are correct in saying its a phone because its sold mainly with phone contracts. i do feel nokia need to understand that people are buying this product and networks are selling it because its a phone. I know i would not have got it if it wasnt a "phone".

I think nokia should awknowledge this!

The Following User Says Thank You to Ronaldo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ YUL
"No MMS in Maemo 5 from Nokia" was added to the wiki page.

http://wiki.maemo.org/What_can_we_realistically_expect

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandor For This Useful Post:

Tags
fmms, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, rehash