Active Topics

the bat level app itself consumes so much of battery.

Originally Posted by somekeystrokes View Post
the bat level app itself consumes so much of battery.
Do you have the app running all the time? This is not necessary.

It will hardly use any battery as it runs in the background (you don't need it open for it to save battery data):
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...506#post517506

A details breakdown of how it works (by the creator):
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...502#post517502

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by fred123 View Post
Checked boot reason when i restarted "32wd_to".
hardware watchdog, probably something didn't respond within deadline. Shouldn't be related to this app at all.

See for example: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6334
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Hi Guys I've just installed this app, and it's exactly what I've been looking for. I was very disappointed when I found my device lasted for about 9 hrs connected to a 3G packet data connection, with MSN, Jabber, Gtalk and Skype enabled.

Since then, I've dropped to a 2g connection (constant packet data) with MSN jabber and gtalk enabled, fetching emails every 30 mins.

I get an average of 12 hrs. I see you guys getting 3 days! This doesn't seem possible! I've had to drop from 4 to 2 bars of brightness too.

I downloaded htop, and it showed me what I thought I'd see.

I've got a process running at an almost contast 10% somewhere in opt/maemo/usr/bin/ (not sure how to see past there, yes I fail I know)

and the device is peaking up to 46, and sitting around 13-23% cpu usage when I've got a plain old terminal window open.

does this sounds like a common bug to you guys sorry I haven't done much scrounging around the forum but it seems like power usage bugs are pretty common

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nathanielsametz View Post
I get an average of 12 hrs. I see you guys getting 3 days!
3 days with constant data connection with msn/gtalk/skype? In your dreams. With no data connection, wifi off, good network quality, no widgets, couple of phone calls and messages. Screen mostly off. Maybe 3 days.

This doesn't seem possible! I've had to drop from 4 to 2 bars of brightness too.
Itīs not if you use data connection.

I downloaded htop, and it showed me what I thought I'd see.

I've got a process running at an almost contast 10% somewhere in opt/maemo/usr/bin/ (not sure how to see past there, yes I fail I know)
You can use offical top also. in htop you can move right with right keyboard key.

and the device is peaking up to 46, and sitting around 13-23% cpu usage when I've got a plain old terminal window open.

does this sounds like a common bug to you guys sorry I haven't done much scrounging around the forum but it seems like power usage bugs are pretty common
Sounds pretty weird, but we canīt help you at all. You have to at least tell the process name.

Bugs and bugs. Some protocols are power hungry by design so there is not much you can do.

**** i really should have figured out to type "top" into xterm. -_-

yeah i know :P dont say it. htop was taking up 10% ergh man i fail.

ok but talking battery usage here, i'm connected to msn gtalk jabber all day, fetching mail every 30mins.

widgets on desktop are calendar, countdown, media player and second desktop is dataplan monitor and conversation.

this is along with a few shortcuts/contacts/pages.

what has gotten you guys more juice?

Originally Posted by nathanielsametz View Post
ok but talking battery usage here, i'm connected to msn gtalk jabber all day,

These kind of services use the connection the whole day, sending staying alive messages all the time. That is draining your power. turn those off for a day and report back

The Following User Says Thank You to RDJEHV For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nashville, TN
Originally Posted by razialo View Post
The time is what i realy did , you can see it nor 100 % on this picture
1) The battary was full, WIFI OFF and OFFLINE MODE
2)īAlarm, serving 10 m
3)Musik about 30 m nothing else
4) Tunrned OFFLINE MODE OFF and switched to WIFi in the school , used it in the lesson to goole things
5) turned wife off
6) Musik ...
7) Just turned on wifi , and internet , and musik ,and some windows ...
Please explain? I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature?!?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jsuggs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by jsuggs View Post
Please explain? I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature?!?
Can we make it a widget available on ALL desktops?

there is my battery usage today, connected to a 2g packet data connection the whole time, with msn, jabber & gtalk enabled + fetching mail every 1/2hr. I did a couple of calls later in the day and some moderate/light use of the phone just writing some todos etc.

is that normal? :P I'm not sure hahah I'll check back tomorrow with details about how not being connected to IM services deals with the battery.