Notices

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by jalladin View Post
I just had a question, why is it that i see so many threads and videos on emulators but to even mention how you would be able to get games for all these emulators is grounds for dismissle?

i would love to be able to play nes and n64 games but for the intermediate newbs here once i get the emulator then what...
if u get new car do you say i have no petrol now what do i do, or do you use your own intuition and look for what you need?

Last edited by NvyUs; 2009-10-16 at 16:32.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Let's say I have a WaveRace64 cartridge sitting in my desk drawer (which is actually true, my favourite N64 game!) - am I breaking any laws by downloading an image of that cartridge for use in a N64 emulator? I'd be surprised if I am.

I'm allowed to rip my own CDs to MP3... if I were to download the ripped MP3 of a CD that I already own, what difference is there (other than the fact I haven't had to bother doing the rip in the first place)?

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York
if this is true and it works flawless this will be epic i would so be playing super mario kart 64 as soon as i sit next to a iphone user on the train like take that!!!

you can always wait till some original game cartridges fall from the sky (hopefully on a soft surface), then you're legally allowed to use a rom of those games
or maybe some cousin was going to throw away some 100 game cartridges and gave them to you instead... ^^

once you're in possess of these prerequisites, you can download a rom of those games from one of the many sites specialized on that (just google).
If I'm not wrong, you can download roms even without possessing the game, but should delete them after an evaluation period of 24 hours.. (not sure though)

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
if u get new car do you say i have no petrol now what do i do, or do you use your own intuition and look for what you need?
I love how you use an over simplification to sum my question up in such an unnecessary generalization... but as I said or asked rather why is it so openly talked about - but once i actually asked a few ppl where to go or where they went to get them the thread was shut down

If thats the case then they should shut down all of these threads because its only implying that you need to "blank" since you should only use the the system to play its respective games not use an emulator for anything...

and when I bought my car the guy actually gave me money to get gas to put in it to it, to go back home ( i could find it but he did tell me where it was cheaper - hence the the help ) but it could have been because i'm in the service and he was retired serviceman as well so the comradery was genuinely strong.. he didnt tell me to "go search for your self!" in some back alleys some where...

unlike the folks in these threads ( not all but a lot ) are very negative, this is a place to seek help by asking knowledgeable ppl and share ideas and such, I've combed through endless threads for things before with little luck and some times ran across NICE members and they helped me out a lot but I pray for the new guys the N900 is gona usher in... this place is gona have them running "like they're on fire" back to the iphone or what ever main stream freindly phone they had because of the nasty @$$ ppl here

Last edited by jalladin; 2009-10-16 at 17:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalladin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
@jalladin

It is not a matter of the mean people not wanting to help you.

The downloading of ROMs is not exactly legal, and expressly telling you how to get them could make a person culpable (I am not sure of the exact details of the law).

These are things that can be googled, and that is much safer than asking somebody here to tell you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
its not openly talked about b/c its illegal unless you own a real copy of the game, this site does not encourage piracy.
its pretty easy to find millions of games online but maemo.org is not in the business of encouraging law breaking so wont ever show people where.
sorry if earlier comment sounded harsh but i thought question was obvious

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Thanks Jay!

No worries NvyUs, I'm over it... lesson learned

The Following User Says Thank You to jalladin For This Useful Post:
Can anyone confirm this works? Fancy making a vid? (I would if I had one)

edit - Oh God, didnt read the full thread. Wonder what the chances are of getting this to work. This would be so so good.

Last edited by chrisp7; 2009-10-16 at 18:08.

Originally Posted by samipower View Post
i am not the autor but ,

here is the information that you wish:

the nintendo 64 say:

author states:

I rewrote the dynamic recompiler Mupen64Plus to generate code for ARM. This will run in OpenPandora, TouchBook and BeagleBoard.

Unfortunately, OpenGL acceleration does not work. You can use software rendering, but is very slow and some of the textures are displayed incorrectly. Since some people are working in libraries OpenGL ES, as I am posting this is for testing purposes.

When you run the emulator requires approximately 100 MB of free memory. Large ROM, or games that use the memory expansion, require a little more. Be sure to first close other applications.

Because the emulator is not in a usable state, I have made no attempt to test the controls. However, the mupen64_input.so plugin seems to work. blight_input not. You need to configure the appropriate plugin.

Compiling Mupen64Plus (or at least rice_video) requires more than 256MB of RAM. You will need to create and activate a swap partition on an external hard drive before compiling Mupen64Plus.

If you are using Angstrom, you must install the following packages: gcc, g + +, make, pkgconfig, libsdl-ttf-dev, gtk +-dev, dev-libGL, libGLU-dev, xserver-xorg-extension-glx

Some of the plugins has x86 assembly code that is not based on the arm. After Mupen64Plus building, not 'do NO_ASM plugins = 1 "to build these plugins.

The table-7.2 package in the current version of Angstrom is broken. To use the software rasterizer, you will have to compile the source table, then copy swrast_dri.so in / usr / lib / dri /

The original dynamic recompiler Mupen64 uses too much memory to run on the Pandora as it retains all the translated code and metadata. To limit memory usage, now assigned a 16MB buffer for the translation of the code, and if it fills, blocks of old are removed to make space. 16MB seems to be enough for most games without causing excessive beating. This code is in r4300/new_dynarec /.
Is the author on this forum? If not where did you find it/do you have his email address we could ask him very very nicely to compile it for the N900 using OpenGL ES

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisp7 For This Useful Post: