Active Topics

Notices

Thanks fixfox!!

mardy, I see what you mean, so I think 50% should be devoted to text, and 25% each to the wayfinding and distance icons. What sort of style are you looking for, and what requirements do you need for the distance text (fonts, gradients, etc - or do you need an image for every number 0 - 9, and you will display the images accordingly)

Just playing around again, got the proportions right this time!

The Following User Says Thank You to Spyder For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I created a set of 'turn' icons for Mapper (great program btw). Let me know if they are okay.

(Sample shown below).

Thanks.
-DJ
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip mapper-turn-icons.zip (261.6 KB, 146 views)

Last edited by dannycamps; 2010-05-22 at 01:02. Reason: Added full icon set

The Following User Says Thank You to dannycamps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
Just playing around again, got the proportions right this time!

Unfortunately we cannot play any tricks with the text: I mean, we cannot know that "route 101" is the name of a street, and therefore we cannot mark it in any special way. But I like the idea of having a gradient as background, I'll try to implement that!

Originally Posted by dannycamps View Post
Hi,

I created a set of 'turn' icons for Mapper (great program btw). Let me know if they are okay.
-DJ
Wow! :-) I like them, just a few comments:

- we don't have "exit left" and "exit right", but "1st exit", "2nd exit" and "3rd exit"; they are used to tell what exit to take in a roundabout.
- the background has some green gradient on the right side; could you make it completely transparent instead? I can combine the icon with a gradient myself, and that will give me more flexibility in the placement/styling.
- "Straight": can you add two roads on the sides? The meaning of the icon is: there are turns/crossroads in your way, but continue to go straight.

And the last word is: thanks! :-)

Originally Posted by mardy View Post
Wow! :-) I like them, just a few comments:

- we don't have "exit left" and "exit right", but "1st exit", "2nd exit" and "3rd exit"; they are used to tell what exit to take in a roundabout.
- the background has some green gradient on the right side; could you make it completely transparent instead? I can combine the icon with a gradient myself, and that will give me more flexibility in the placement/styling.
- "Straight": can you add two roads on the sides? The meaning of the icon is: there are turns/crossroads in your way, but continue to go straight.

And the last word is: thanks! :-)
Hi Mardy,

Attached please find the updates you requested. There are two versions of the icons. The original contains the semi-transparent light green background. The other file contains the transparent icons.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
-DJ
Attached Files
File Type: zip mapper-icons-v2-orig.zip (432.2 KB, 149 views)
File Type: zip mapper-icons-v2-transparent.zip (388.6 KB, 142 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dannycamps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dannycamps View Post
Attached please find the updates you requested. There are two versions of the icons. The original contains the semi-transparent light green background. The other file contains the transparent icons.
Thanks Danny! I'll try to include them in the next release!

Hi, I have just started testing Mappero out, with a hope that I will be able to soon import;

http://openwms.statkart.no/skwms1/wm...NSPARENT=FALSE

I have also been playing with a new icon set. Let me know if you are interested!

Originally Posted by oyvindra View Post
Hi, I have just started testing Mappero out, with a hope that I will be able to soon import;
Mappero supports WMS type maps, so I guess it should be possible to create a repository for these maps. I'll give it a try!

Originally Posted by oyvindra View Post
I have also been playing with a new icon set. Let me know if you are interested!

I'm interested
I'm actually hoping that someone will provide a colourful icon set, but any contribution is welcome!

Very good, some more urls are found under;

WMS
Cache
and
Use in uDig

I wish I knew more about mappero and WMS, in order to get the right url/coordinates and such.

The icons are attached as transparent pngs. I can easily change their color or give them more colors, but tried to keep them subtle, so they wouldn't seem like they were in the way of the map.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mappero.zip (248.0 KB, 125 views)