Notices

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
FIX :
i also FIXED the status led by turning off the phone and remove the battery for some minutes - like jean also mentioned before. just removing for a few seconds didnt work.

probably some areas of a hardware controller chip partially crashes. maybe the same chip that handles charging of the battery while the phone is off. maybe its a conflict between blessn900, live focus and fcamera that causes this problem.

however i still cant get fcamera to work. but the lowlight and hdr apps works nicely. ive tried uninstalling blessn900 and live focus, then reinstalled fcamera and drivers and its still the same

Last edited by S0urcerr0r; 2010-08-23 at 06:11.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
I also updated fcam yesterday anfd now the LED lights do not function.
Launching fcam fails and it also disables the native camera. A reboot gets the native camera back but there is a pretty major fail here on the latest drivers.

i kept installing and rebooting, taking the battery off till it worked .
when it worked i followed this scheme:
i've installed the fcam drivers with apt-get install in terminal and then the fcamera again with apt-get

now it works

but the phone acts strangely lately ... i have issues with wifi, charging and the leds

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by pthomas22 View Post
I also updated fcam yesterday anfd now the LED lights do not function.
Launching fcam fails and it also disables the native camera. A reboot gets the native camera back but there is a pretty major fail here on the latest drivers.
I don't think it's the drivers. The new blessn900 version should be using the same drivers, and that works without any issues (plus the fcam authors have said there's been no code changes to the drivers in this release). The problem seems to be the fcamera app itself, and the LED activation code it's using.

Fcam also stops FrontView from working

LEDs but starting too ... cause after it crushed ... reinstalled, the app won't start (blessn900 won't start either!) is this that makes one think that the drivers (or maybe something else that the 2 apps share) is the problem

Turning bluetooth on and then off seems to reset the LED's but you need to do it every time you use Fcam or recharge.

The Following User Says Thank You to pthomas22 For This Useful Post:
i dont even know what is this app for, lol, someone told me it was for better pics, and i got it, and now i dont know how it works. lol

my phone's been acting a bit funny lately - slowing down and seizing up when it shouldn't. is there any reason to think that fcamera could be to blame?

I would also like to be able to extend the time of exposure to way more than 1 sec. Ideally I would suggest a real manual setting of exposure, an endless exposure which is just terminated by pressing the button a second time: first click to open the shutter, second to close it.
My goal are experiments with light painting.

A workaround would be a command line access to fcamera using all parameters as options. Maybe someone can help on this.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to KlausRu For This Useful Post: