Active Topics

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post

Besides, this is not a device for the average user, and Nokia has never claimed that either. It's a device for people who like to tinker, play around, find solutions.
Or anyone with slightly more that half a brain....

"Basics such as a search facility when entering contacts for a phone call are missing"

Last edited by Dancairo; 2010-01-14 at 11:39. Reason: cos i'm waiting for the firmware update....

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by taeto View Post
Mail set up good however I am amazed the unit supports Exchange 2007 and not 2003. This is really a very curious omission for a device that is going to be attractive to the corporate market. Why!!!!!
sorry, already fixed in newest fw update.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Dancairo View Post
Or anyone with slightly more that half a brain....

"Basics such as a search facility when entering contacts for a phone call are missing"
^ Nice one!

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland, Tampere
Nine whole days of faulty device use, not even bothering to read documentation to find out how to use your phone. I find no troubles syncing my phone, MfE works up to my expectations and so does most parts of the phones. Only things I dislike are the bad framerate on sliding menus etc., lack of size of rootfs and occasional slowness in opening apps. Seems to me like you were not worthy of the phone in the first place

The Following User Says Thank You to redi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by spanner View Post
I did my research, bought it, tried not to be disappointed by the limitations which I -knew- were present, and am still mostly blown away.
+1

now just waiting for update to arrive in uk

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
just delete this thread or ignore it. These ongoing 'i prefer my pod' / 'n900 is crap' are boring.

This phone easily kills the iPod so just ignore these sorts. Theres nothing constructive in the post. In a community as big as this it will lost lost in the depths with an hour or so lol

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bonerp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland, Tampere
Actually there is no mediaplayer on the device that comes even close to iPod. ^^

/offtopic

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
yet - but at least I can play flash

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The N900 is a baby with super-powers. It hasn't learned to use all of them yet, but it is learning fast..

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
The N900 is a baby with super-powers. It hasn't learned to use all of them yet, but it is learning fast..
Post of the day nominee

Tags
first impressions, fremantle, impressions, initial impressions, maemo, maemo 5, moderator, n900, out of box, out of box experience, please merge, review, shiny