Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
If it depends on Qt 4.7.4, then it might go to CSSU repo.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by IcyMoustache View Post
Nokia should atleast backport its Nokia Maps software to show its commitment to code once, deploy everywhere strategy..... otherwise it is just a bag of hypocrisy
Nokia Maps is an MTF app afaik, and drive-qml depends on that (iirc, if not, it can be ported if it's pure QML).

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
extra devel already contains Qtcomponents which are not compatible with harmattan apps ,there are missing binaries libqtcore - 4.7.4, libqtgui4 - 4.7.4, and libstdc + +6 - 4.4.0 which are some how tweaked in new Qtcomponents and thats how they were made usable.To promote a package into extra-devel one has to overwrite the old qtcomponents .Which has not been allowed ,not yet,though efforts are being made upto date .
Between when a package is promoted to extra devel ,one has to take care of the updates so yeah a maintainer is needed .though hopefully when new Qtcomponents will be promoted to extra devel ,we will find a maintainer for them as well .
We already have those, but someone broke standard naming somewhere.
libqt4-core, libqt4-gui are the names of the packages.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
some one ? harmattan apps require those 3 packages ,besides,so far only solution is to tweak apps code according to inean's qtcomponents.What else could be the solution ? MAG would you suggest something as if it is possible to run harmattan debs directly on fremanlte without tweaking their source code ?
I believe we got to work on 3 missing packages ? what are the possibilities ?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
You can safely replace libqtgui4 with libqt4-gui in debian packages, same goes for the rest.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
originally stated by Kate ( maemo chief engineer )
As my opinion we should keep MeeGo 1.x and Frmantle components as similar as possible with Harmattan components. In my port, only API difference was toolBarOnTop because it was needed to make UX compatible with MeeGo handset and Fremantle.

Theming is other issue, if someones has time, they could replace my MeeGo 1.2 handset theme hack with actual Fremantle theme for Fremantle. It is just extracting pixmap images but I don't have time for that.

So is there any one has time for good experimental things ?

On Sep 26, 2011, at 11:35 PM,

Hi
Just to over come some curiosity may i know as if inean's Qtcomponents are good enough to be promoted to extra devel repository ?Will it be possible to have meego UI theme on fremantle? As you stated ,in the future we will have more than one theme ,so what are possibilities and about when ?
thanks in advance .
i will be waiting for your reply !

There is MeeGo 1.2 handset theme already for Fremantle, that's one i did for it. There is not Harmattan theme because at the moment it is Nokia proprietary.
Harmattan theme is part of QtSDK Harmattan package but I am not right person to give permission to redistribute it. We have asked
from Nokia legal permission to release theme but at the moment they are working for it and i can't predict outcome.

The having multiple theme s were one of my patches that I had in my components port. Inean had different opinion
about that and I don't know how he has implemented it. It is just few lines of patch.

Kate

you guys may share good ideas or thoughts

hi this is me prankster
since i have got banned from this site ,i see no further news on this project,it was supposed to be a great thing for current maemo status.I heard carlos was still interested in the development for fremantle components ,making them quite compatible with meego ,so that there could be a meego original theme running on N900 fremantle.
Embarrassing that no one has been keeping this topic to the main so that many great devs would know this and might develop certain apps.
Marxian had to make a fremantle version of his meego apps , i hope i see it coming soon .

the winter aka prankster !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Winter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Components unavailable are: libqt-meegographicssystemhelper
libqtm-multimedia (>= 1.2.1)

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by The Winter View Post
hi this is me prankster
since i have got banned from this site ,i see no further news on this project,it was supposed to be a great thing for current maemo status.I heard carlos was still interested in the development for fremantle components ,making them quite compatible with meego ,so that there could be a meego original theme running on N900 fremantle.
Embarrassing that no one has been keeping this topic to the main so that many great devs would know this and might develop certain apps.
Marxian had to make a fremantle version of his meego apps , i hope i see it coming soon .

the winter aka prankster !
Hey Prankster welcome back mate... happy to see you back...

btw cute-Tube-Component is now available now which is the same as that of harmattan.. you can add it to the lists..

The Following User Says Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:
i guess new Qtcomponents are now available to use ,so just wait and see if they get accepted first at upstream for which the chances are too low because nokia isnt paying too much of attention to the things which would have changed the destiny for N900.Anyway lets hope for the best and cheers !

The Following User Says Thank You to The Winter For This Useful Post: