Active Topics

Hi everyone, first post here! anyway I just wanted to know if it's possible to restore the regional maps that came preloaded with my N9, I have a carrier branded firmware (Telcel from Mexico) and I'm about to flash my phone to pr1.2 (one of the northern europe versions), I dont want to restore the whole eMMC because all the stuff that came preloaded is mostly useless to me, the only thing I worry is that I'll loose the maps, here in mexico we still haven't even got pr1.1 and so I was just wondering if there was a way to somehow save the maps right now and load them after I've flashed the phone. thanks !

Can you only select Mexico maps in your firmware revision? I can pick maps from all over the world, including Mexico

using Navifirm? its just that I'm on a mac and the only way I've found to download the firmware is from www.btusers.com.ar, I'm following itsnotabigtruck's post "COMPREHENSIVE FIRMWARE FLASHING GUIDE"

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Durham, UK
You should be able to just add the maps on the phone itself over wifi. Try this:

- Open the maps app
- Click on the menu in the bottom right (the dots)
- Click Manage maps
- Click on the menu in the bottom right (the lines)
- Click add maps
- Choose the maps you want