Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
I think the problem is here...should be change to

G_HARMATTAN_INITSCRIPT="/sbin/preinit_harmattan"
G_NITDROID_INITSCRIPT="/sbin/preinit_nitdroid"
G_NEMO_INITSCRIPT="/sbin/init"
The _INITSCRIPT variables hold strings that are used as replacements in a sed script in the bootmenu.
Trust me, you have to escape backslashes in sedscripts

Harmattan boot is alwayst the trickiest. Booting Nitdroid or Nemo is piece of cake, but getting Harmattan to boot correctly when kexec'ed is difficult.

However, you tell me that you have managed to boot it with the zImage-2.6.32.54-dfl61-20121301 kernel... Is that the standard version or is it some openmode version? (the same designation is used by all versions based on vanilla 2.6.32 source by nokia, available in kernel_2.6.32-20121301+0m8.tar file)

Booting with either Nitdroid zImage.pr13 or zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix will succeed if booting with vanilla 2.6.32 kernel boot succeeds.
Hence I belive you have an error in your paths somewhere.

If the boot hangs with the "NOKIA" text displayed on the screen after kernel selection&boot something is not correct in the preinit scripts, either device does not find the script or the script does not do as it should.

One thing you could try; copy your original "/sbin/preinit" as the harmattan script "/sbin/preinit_harmattan".
At least thedead1440 had problems using my provided preinit script.

However problematic it seems to get Harmattan boot up correctly, after you have tweaked it so that it boots it is VERY stable and will thereafter boot correctly without additional tickling

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Just tested this with one of my N950's. but unfortunately that one had ecc memory errors even on mtd5, so no way to make a volume for it.

Would be great to see initramfs or mmcblk version someday.
The integrated version is in the works

Currently the implementation plan is as follows:
  • The kernel contains as small as possible set to have the launcher and repar mode tools, to keep the size in check. This will be run as ramfs root
  • In the boot phase, the kernel searches for rest of the stuff, it looks for menuset first in mtd4, then in mtd5, and if not found on either, from mmcblk02p:/boot
  • If the menu&config is found, it's loaded into the ramfs and executed.
  • If not found, repair mode is entered.

The reason why it does it like this is that now I can mount the ubi devices in ro-mode. This lessens the wear of the flash device

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by explit View Post
Cool Thing. After a mtd-5 update I'm able to boot NITDROID with zImage.pr13 and Harmattan with zImage.pr13 and standard openmode Kernel.
I copied both kernels inside /mnt/boot (Without Harmattan or Nemo Folders). and modiefied /etc/boot.conf to point to my kernels inside /boot. Is it a bad idea ?
Well, it's not a bad idea otherwice, except now your kernels are on the ubifs, instead of on the mmcblk0.

What's the problem with that: nothing really, except that your mtd5 partition is so small; you will use it up if you put lots of stuff there. Also, as it DOES wear down somewhat quickly when used extensively, you can/will run out of eraseblocks if you do lots of deletes/rewrites on it... That's why I prefer to keep the kernels outside ubifs.

Originally Posted by explit View Post
Maybe anybody can give me a tip for Tripleboot (Harmattan, Nitdroid, Nemo) ?

Has anybody of you have a running tripleboot with the UBIBoot ?

THX guys...
Yes, have had it for months

The scripts to do it are already in the menu script.
Just install your android on /home/ as usual, install Nemo on mmcblkp04 as usual and you are done

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
I using mtd5, i put all kernel into /boot/, harmattan is not success to boot, show nokia logo then reboot self, but android is ok.

I have used your l2fix to boot, but still unsuccessful, all kernel cant be bootup. Maybe the preinit got problem, let me try again later and report. Thanks your help.

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
The integrated version is in the works

Currently the implementation plan is as follows:
  • The kernel contains as small as possible set to have the launcher and repar mode tools, to keep the size in check. This will be run as ramfs root
  • In the boot phase, the kernel searches for rest of the stuff, it looks for menuset first in mtd4, then in mtd5, and if not found on either, from mmcblk02p:/boot
  • If the menu&config is found, it's loaded into the ramfs and executed.
  • If not found, repair mode is entered.

The reason why it does it like this is that now I can mount the ubi devices in ro-mode. This lessens the wear of the flash device
Perfect cant wait to be able to test it.

I just tested on another N950, but even that one had ecc errors on mtd4&5. I still have a third one in mint unopened box, but I'll keep that one still unopened, since I want to have one perfect N950 in my shelves as a memory
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
off:
@rainisto ehhh, sad to read when dev have N950 and not using it, and other devs havent device for testing and buying N9 by own money...

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
@juiceme

Finally I can boot to Harmattan by using default preinit file, but there is some problem I found.
1. l2fix kernel, when bootup, it said "recharge battery", then it reboot self
2. Nitdroid zImage, sometimes can boot , sometimes cant...
3. zImage-2.6.32.54-dfl61-20121301, it said "recharge battery", or sometimes cant boot...

The path shouldnt wrong, because android can bootup everytime, then kernel is same directory with Harmattan /boot/, I GUESS something in Harmattan, maybe some tunning or mod, make my Harmattan cant bootup. I dont want to reflash to try

Last edited by TMavica; 2013-03-21 at 15:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
+1

my friend can't ubiboot to Harmattan with "Recharge battery" notification too.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
+1

my friend can't ubiboot to Harmattan with "Recharge battery" notification too.
!!
When circle the nokia logo, it said recharge battery, I tried plug to charger, nil help

i have the same proble