Originally Posted by Jejoma
When I type "$cd /var/lib/install/usr/bin/" into Xterm I get the message "not found"

Should I be installing something other than Rhythmbox?
Are you actually typing in the dollar sign? If you are, please try again without it.

(In documentation, the $ is just a visual signal to tell you that you should type in everything else at a shell command line (such as Xterm gives you). You should not actually type this initial $.)

Regards - Neil

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
just get rid of the leading $ sign ...
cd means "change directory"

Too late

Fred

Thanks for the replies. No, I wasn't entering the $ sign, that automatically appeared. My mistake was in not leaving a space after cd. It was only when reading your replies I spotted this.

Moving on, my understanding is that I should be able to link wirelessly to my PC and then iTunes. Sorry to be a bit thick but could someone please tell me how to do this?

i've got 2 machines on my network that are sharing libraries correctly. when i start mDNSResponder, i get no errors. when I launch rhythmbox, though, I don't see anywhere that it reflects what libraries are available. i don't think rhythmbox sees my shared libraries. any advice?

am i missing something - do i need to run something else on the itunes box?

Last edited by ih8gates; 2006-03-25 at 15:06.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ San Jose, CA
I'm having trouble getting mDNSResponder to work. When I try to start it up, I get the error:

mDNSResponder: error while loading shared libraries: libmDNSResponder.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It's there. It really is. I checked. I have even added /var/lib/install/usr/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf (I did that for vim), so there shouldn't be a problem.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Is it in /var/lib/install/usr/lib? Type `find /var/lib/install -name libmDNSResponder.so.0' and report the results.

It could be in another lib directory under /var/lib/install, which also needs adding to LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or ld.so.conf).

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ San Jose, CA
Nokia770-51:~# find / -name 'libmDNSResponder.so.0' -print
/var/lib/install/usr/lib/libmDNSResponder.so.0