Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Well, forget about XP. WinCE is the only one that is remotely possible.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by cloudstrife1ph View Post
( i need the silverlight support )
It would probably be easier to just port moonlight in order to get silverlight support.

Windows CE / XP embedded are similar. XP embedded was also written for ARM so in theory, blatt the N900 boot loader it might work... Still food for thought.

Originally Posted by teh View Post
Windows CE / XP embedded are similar. XP embedded was also written for ARM.
No, Windows CE and XP Embedded are completely different. The first is based on the Windows CE kernel, and has been ported to a myriad of architectures, while the latter is based on NT and has been ported only to a handful (an ARM port has never been released so far).

Last edited by javispedro; 2010-02-10 at 13:30.

not at all interested in winmo. Steve Ballmer is a villain. Every year, Microsoft is more evil than before, its loosing innovation and passionate ppl *fast* and cant stop the spreading open source software, instead hungry to always goto press once in a while with threats to sue linux companies for ip infringements. Its so cheap! When they dont give a **** about you than why do you have to go to get there *software*? But again, some people will never understand.

linux is pure out of passion, support it!

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
No, Windows CE and XP Embedded are completely different. The first is based on the Windows CE kernel, and has been ported to a myriad of architectures, while the latter is based on NT and has been ported only to a handful (an ARM port has never been released so far).
I used to install EPOS tills, and they came with Windows XP Embedded installed, but came with Windows CE 5.0 CD keys... Go figure because I ain't got a clue where the relationship is there.

not at all interested in winmo. Steve Ballmer is a villain. Every year, Microsoft is more evil than before, its loosing innovation and passionate ppl *fast* and cant stop the spreading open source software, instead hungry to always goto press once in a while with threats to sue linux companies for ip infringements. Its so cheap! When they dont give a **** about you than why do you have to go to get there *software*? But again, some people will never understand.

linux is pure out of passion, support it!
Indeed. MS want total power over everything, which is why I love Linux, and support it all the way, and to be fair I'm moving towards ditching windows all together sooner of later anyways!

The whole subject of the topic originally was to gauge interest and see if it could be done because we can as it were!

Originally Posted by teh View Post
I used to install EPOS tills, and they came with Windows XP Embedded installed, but came with Windows CE 5.0 CD keys...
And those weren't x86? Note that Windows CE _is_ available for x86 and in fact I still have the VM lying around here.

so windows mobile is that bad eh? thank f**k i never got 1.
Altho i wudnt mind testing it if i ever came accross 1 jst to get an idea of it.

Tags
windows nt rulez