Active Topics

Poll: Do you want to buy one, and why? (Votes are public)
Poll Options
Do you want to buy one, and why? (Votes are public)

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Spain
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I noticed you asked about it yesterday on ##kimmoli-tohs, only you were bit quick to leave the channel... Kimmo appeared online about 2 hours after you left.
Ok, my phone was off...thank you for the notice!!

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I have just performed some experiments and have indeed observed that the icon does not appear for every new email. It definitely appears sometimes but I have to experiment a bit more to find the pattern.
OK, more observations. The email icon does indeed not appear for every new email but guess what? The icon's appearance is consistent with the email notification LED. So the problem is definitely in the SFOS and its notification delivery mechanism, not in TOHOLED.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
OK, more observations. The email icon does indeed not appear for every new email but guess what? The icon's appearance is consistent with the email notification LED. So the problem is definitely in the SFOS and its notification delivery mechanism, not in TOHOLED.
So you mean, if the notification LED does not blink amber, then no mail icon appears on the TOH, right?

That makes sense if the trigger for both visualizations is the same mechanism. Now I only wonder when does your notification-LED not turn on, except when the UI is active during the incoming mail?
(as I understand that is a feature and not a bug?)

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Even when the UI is active, as long as the events view or the notification itself isn't opened, you will/should still get a blinking LED when you turn the screen off.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
So you mean, if the notification LED does not blink amber, then no mail icon appears on the TOH, right?
Right.

I am 80% sure that the LED sometimes does not turn flashing amber even when the Mail UI is not active, but I am happy to test again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla toh, toholed