Active Topics

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by abdel_95 View Post
this is what i have
uname -r
2.6.28.10-power53
Here it is for 2.6.28.10-power53: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/M.../omap_hsmmc.ko

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maxdamantus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maxdamantus View Post
Here it is for 2.6.28.10-power53: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/M.../omap_hsmmc.ko
thanks i have downloaded the file how to use it?

thanks i have downloaded the file how to use it?
Copy it to /lib/modules/2.6.28.10-power53 so it overwrites the existing omap_hsmmc.so file, and reboot.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maxdamantus For This Useful Post:
yes i did but no changes

yes i did but no changes
Do you see /dev/mmcblk1p* devices? Do you know whether or not the issue you had was the sensor not working (it which case you would have gotten the messages mentioned in the first post in the kernel logs)?

ke-recv might still try to mount/unmount according to the sensor, so you might have to mount it manually then run something that keeps a file/directory open, so it can't be unmounted.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maxdamantus For This Useful Post:
hello i think it's sensor issue as it says backcover is open

1 more question if anybody experience this.when i press the camera button half press which is focus the camera app launch.about omap_hsmmc.ko i am going to try it later as i also have power53 but after replacing should i change something in gconf usb mmc persent to be checked or something like that.

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Melbourne, Australia
Sorry to re-hash this thread, but I too want to turn off the kernerl from caring about the back cover sensor. It's so I can get the N900 to see my SD card.

So you're saying that if we "ls -la /dev/mmcblk*" and all we see are mmcblk0p1, 0p2, etc and not mmcblk1p1, p2, etc then it's a hardware fault, a sensor fault? So we cannot get the N900 to see a memory card unless the hardware itself is fixed? If that's the case then my N900 is limited to 32gig - end of story.

Thanks

Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Maxdamantus View Post
Do you see /dev/mmcblk1p* devices? Do you know whether or not the issue you had was the sensor not working (it which case you would have gotten the messages mentioned in the first post in the kernel logs)?

ke-recv might still try to mount/unmount according to the sensor, so you might have to mount it manually then run something that keeps a file/directory open, so it can't be unmounted.
Hi there, I came here from this post:

Code:
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1513639
I applied the module for power kernel, now I looks like the card is seen I /dev/ but:
1 .It is not seen in /etc/fstab
2. It cannot be mounted

Card itself is fine, I even tried to use different ones - same result.

And, shouldn't the card be mounted by pc when connected to the USB? Because im my case it isn't.

Originally Posted by elcaito View Post
(...)So you're saying that if we "ls -la /dev/mmcblk*" and all we see are mmcblk0p1, 0p2, etc and not mmcblk1p1, p2, etc then it's a hardware fault, a sensor fault? So we cannot get the N900 to see a memory card unless the hardware itself is fixed? (...)
From my expireince - it is hardware failure (The reader itself probably). I can tell since I have no detection in /dev/ but after applying the patch provided, card is detected.

Last edited by Ridd92; 2016-08-28 at 06:20.

Tags
memory card, sd card