Any decent dictionary for n9 reader that supports many data format? Port one if not?

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
You will find DictionaryStar in ovi store and it's free.

The dictionnary are there: abloz.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
QStardict is better and it only cost a pittance.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
QStardict is better and it only cost a pittance.
i didnt know qstardict has already been ported to n9, a great app for meego n9!

anyone here know how to get qstardict to work with the words data from the CDROM(it comes with my purchase of dictionary book "oxford advanced english learners' dictionary 8th edition)?

which files on the cdrom to be used as words data for qstardict? how do i convert it to the format that qstardict supports? please help, i have no clue. thanks

Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
anyone here know how to get qstardict to work with the words data from the CDROM(it comes with my purchase of dictionary book "oxford advanced english learners' dictionary 8th edition)?

which files on the cdrom to be used as words data for qstardict? how do i convert it to the format that qstardict supports? please help, i have no clue. thanks
It may not be necessary to convert as it may be available online. Stardict dictionaries are not easy to find now as the project in sourceforge has been closed but here is a cache.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@SamGan
Can you give some more info comparing QStardict to DictionaryStar? I am using DictionaryStar and find it quite well made and swift viewer, there is no trial for Qstardict so I wonder what will be better using it.
Thank you in advance for your reply.

Last edited by zlatko; 2012-02-06 at 09:22.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
It may not be necessary to convert as it may be available online. Stardict dictionaries are not easy to find now as the project in sourceforge has been closed but here is a cache.
thanks for the info, the downloading speed is painfully slow

do you know how to convert it(cdrom 8th) to be used in stardict? i find the dictionaries there are so so

Last edited by youmeego; 2012-02-06 at 12:05.

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@SamGan
Can you give some more info comparing QStardict to DictionaryStar? I am using DictionaryStar and find it quite well made and swift viewer, there is no trial for Qstardict so I wonder what will be better using it.
Thank you in advance for your reply.
Qstardict displays a filtered list of words as you type so you do not have to complete the word or know how to spell it correctly. This alone is worth the asking price.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@SamGan
DictionaryStar also display filtered list as you type. I am not arguing weather or not asking price is worth it, just want to know what is better there.