Posts: 17 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Hamburg
Hallo,

does the Zaurus browser support

1. secure access
2. open up a new second window
3. a javavm to execute applet for graphical user interfaces

thanks.

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Originally Posted by mk500
Here is a pic I took of what browsing is like on the C760...I spend quite a few hours doing this :-)

http://www.markandjo.com/markblog/wp...760_Tablet.jpg
The specs/capabilities of this device made it sound very appealing. But on the basis of the screen alone as shown in your photo, I would choose the Nokia 770 over the Sharp C760. That looks like a three- or four-year-old screen technology (older? maybe slightly newer? I'm not pretending to be an expert here).

The 770 has a pixel-density of 225 pixels per inch, about FIVE times that of my laptop LCD. It's the first device with this kind of density. In other words, Nokia thinks this is the most important feature of the device. Where Sharp put its money in the keyboard and the hard disk, Nokia made different choices.

I'm not interested any more. The screen is what makes it.

-- Roger

Wow, I got my c760 in and that previous poster's pictures do NOT do it justice. This screen is VERY clear, crisp, and bright.

does the Zaurus browser support

1. secure access
2. open up a new second window
3. a javavm to execute applet for graphical user interfaces
Yes it has Opera on it so I can do secure websites. yes I can multi task and run multiple apps. Basically a KDE desktop. And I don't have an answer for your 3rd question.

Originally Posted by nrgtek
Wow, I got my c760 in and that previous poster's pictures do NOT do it justice. This screen is VERY clear, crisp, and bright.

Yes it has Opera on it so I can do secure websites. yes I can multi task and run multiple apps. Basically a KDE desktop. And I don't have an answer for your 3rd question.
Thanks NRGTEK. The last question is very important, because the browser - java universe is available through the javavm.
You can make thousands of individuals around the world happy if you do small test and report the result. Here the steps:

1. access http://fxtrade.oanda.com/resources/
2. On the left side of the oanda fxtrade site you can oprn a game account. there is no fee or obligations - it is free. OAND is by the way a respected company.
3. after activating the game account through email please login.
4. access http://fxtrade.oanda.com/resources/ again and try to login.
A second browser window is opened. Message "applet loading" and the trading page appears.

If it works many people will be very happy and the browser java universe for PDAs and intelligent phone is open - it is locked currently locked by Microsoft.

If somebody with a N770 test unit reads this - please do the same test and report.

Thanks in advance ....subsecond

Originally Posted by subsecond
If somebody with a N770 test unit reads this - please do the same test and report.
you do not need a n770 to test but if you have a java applet, the n770 can't use it because there is no javavm...

Originally Posted by daf
you do not need a n770 to test but if you have a java applet, the n770 can't use it because there is no javavm...
100% correct. I went ahead and tried to anyways just to "see" and can verify it did not work. It stays at the Loading FXGame Platform and goes nowhere since there is no javavm.

Originally Posted by fermunky
100% correct. I went ahead and tried to anyways just to "see" and can verify it did not work. It stays at the Loading FXGame Platform and goes nowhere since there is no javavm.

Thanks for the test.

It is sad that the IT and Phone Industry with all the million of bright people is not able to make this working. It is not capabilities but monopolistic practices of the brilliant names.

So we wait again. There is of course hope with the shrinking notebook size that we have systems for people on the move.

Thanks again for testers and shame on the developers.

...subsecond

Originally Posted by fermunky
A question to the Nokia management:

How can you call a device, which cannot access an essential part of the internet - INTERNET TABLET?

May be thats a case for the consumer protection authorities!

...subsecond

javavm is not a small virtual machine, you need disk space to use it.
Maybe someone will add javavm after but remember you need disk space and there is not a lot on n770 (but you can add disk space with RS-MMC...)

hey you guys think the nokia 770 is practical enough for notetaking in class?