Closed Thread
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Novi Sad, Serbia
Well, I just sold my android phone, I'm new to maemo, and have to say it's great because I love Linux
My first post...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zeljkobo12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by zeljkobo12 View Post
Well, I just sold my android phone, I'm new to maemo, and have to say it's great because I love Linux
My first post...
Welcome, although if you really loved Linux I'm curious to find out what you ended up getting to replace your Android phone. If you truly love Linux, you are far more likely to have bought something open-source rather than open-core, so I'm very interested to know and I would like to see if it's something I should look at. Maemo didn't do it for me, ultimately. Please, share.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlYdQCsEWMU&t=18s

Last edited by volt; 2011-09-06 at 08:18.

Wow is it really that hard to see some truth in what he's saying? I didnt buy the n900 because im a Linux geek... Or because I can program... I bought it because it was a breathe of fresh air from symbian.
But now I will admit i miss Nokia and developer support. My wife has the n8 and its 'exciting' getting regular updates from Nokia.
I WANT whatsapp and games from EA and all that stuff you guys seem to swear against. I dont only want Nitdroid or Preenv where theres BUGS and a 'compatibility' list.

tis the truth. I love my n900. I want the n9. But Support and 3rd party apps that come out at ver 1.0 and not ver 0.3407 does matter to some. Stop beating on the not-so-fanboy n900 owner.

The Following User Says Thank You to Snak3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Snak3 View Post
Wow is it really that hard to see some truth in what he's saying?

Do not try and bend the truth — that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth: there is no truth.

If you tell me that you read the original post and find something constructive in there to discuss, then I tell you you're a liar.

Originally Posted by uniqueguy34 View Post
I am sick and tired of Useless Maemo Apps, iam about to say goodbye to Nokia
I have been using Android for the better part of this year. For every useful Android app, there are a thousand useless. For every useless Maemo app, there is a useful one.

Last edited by volt; 2011-09-06 at 08:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by volt View Post
I have been using Android for the better part of this year. For every useful Android app, there are a thousand useless. For every useless Maemo app, there is a useful one.
So, what you're implying might be... there are very, very few apps at all for Maemo? Great selling point, there, Bucky.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2011-09-06 at 09:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
bada rox, bell end, maemo useless, news flash:duh!