Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
I didn't link it... I only changed it in passwd and it failed to boot.
Bummer, because I have /bin/bash setup for both user and root in /etc/passwd and it doesn't cause any problems. How and from where did you install bash?

EDIT: And I've rebooted many times like this.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
The one that installed using apt-get install bash... anyway I wanted zsh anyway so am using that an a zterm shortcut to launch it by default
zsh|xmms2|fcron|gtar|gcoreutils

Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
Gnu coreutils(as gcoreutils and also gtar) are available in my repository(see signature).

Yes setting shell to anything other than sh will kill the device.
How you have set up the package? When i install gcoreutils, then busybox still serves the commands. Thank you for the Package.

It sounds funny that bash should work in the user account on a few devices? I have changed it via chsh and have tested it three times with the same problem - i can't boot anymore.

with kind regards Patrick

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
All the GNU tools are prefixed with g also see dpkg -L gcoreutils

I don't want touch busybox since some things might be needed for the system
zsh|xmms2|fcron|gtar|gcoreutils

Oh great Thank you. Finally Color Support for (g)ls

with kind regards

Patrick

For the record, I've just reflashed my N900 and reinstalled bash. The only change i had to make was to edit /etc/passwd to set bash as user's shell.

As far as i see, there's no coreutils package in ruskie's repo anymore. Where does it live atm?

Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by L29Ah View Post
As far as i see, there's no coreutils package in ruskie's repo anymore. Where does it live atm?
There is coreutils-gnu in the standard maemo repos. is it what you're looking for?

The Following User Says Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post: