Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by Alphabeta View Post
I did it same way. First I flash with fiasco image (2nd time) without reboot (removed -R) and after message came in terminal that device flashed, I removed usb cable first and switched off my mobile. Though, I didn't removed battery but I think it didn't boot up. Then, immediately flashed with eMMC image and rebooted.

It flashed eMMC in 26 sec. (Quickly) as wiki says it takes few minutes to flash eMMC image.
I don't think this is a software problem.. Try cleaning the sim slot pins with rubbing alcohol and try again... someone had this issue before and that solved the problem.. if it didn't I still think it's still a hardware problem...

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Alphabeta View Post
This is my first post and first problem in Nokia N900.

I switched off my N900 and switched it on again and It hung up with five dots after booting up. When I remove sim card and try to start with only battery and it works right. when I insert sim card and try to switch it on, only dots appear and shows some process running behind. I tried this things :

* Deleted contacts from the sim card
* Enabled R&D mode and switched on. same issue. booting up and dots.
* Switched off mobile and taken out battery and connected with usb and then switched it on and inserted battery.
* Removed battery and tried to switch on without battery to drain out any charge.
* Tried sim card on other mobile and sim works right.
* Inserted different sim card on N900 and switched it on. same problem.
* Battery is almost fully charged (~80%)

Mobile works ok without sim card. So I can say now my Nokia N900 is only computer and not computer - phone...!!!

Has anyone experienced similar problem?
Hi

after 10 week and no one willing to help I took mine in to a Nokia Support shop and they have sent it off after running what they thought would fix it and told me it is a Hardware fault.

mines only picks up my email via wi fi and hangs, looses g2 AND g3 service and also refuses to go to voice mail, does not dial out all the time and it fails to ring all are intermittent problems ... it is like it has a mind of it's own.... The guy in the Nokia Shop was more than helpful and was mortified that he could not fix it on site... he thinks i may need a replacement.

hope that helps

The Following User Says Thank You to Kimmijj For This Useful Post:
I got a very similiar problem.
With my Telekom sim it seems to hung at the dots but it just takes 10minutes to boot, with another o2 sim or no sim it doesnt take so much time there.
But after booting every seems to take very long time to start, but there is no high load or excessive memory usage!
If i boot in Offlinemode and then go online, it works with both sim!
Just everything take long long time to start and react and somtimes crash.
also the keyboard backlight flickers if the display goes off. thats very odd.

Last edited by daseuda; 2012-11-06 at 10:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to daseuda For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by daseuda View Post
I got a very similiar problem.
With my Telekom sim it seems to hung at the dots but it just takes 10minutes to boot, with another o2 sim or no sim it doesnt take so much time there.
But after booting every seems to take very long time to start, but there is no high load or excessive memory usage!
If i boot in Offlinemode and then go online, it works with both sim!
Just everything take long long time to start and react and somtimes crash.
also the keyboard backlight flickers if the display goes off. thats very odd.
I send Nokia N900 to repair facility and it runs alright after repair. They never mentioned what was the problem but i think a note written inside the repaired phone box that it was hard reset. I rarely use my Nokia N900 these days but i didn't experienced any problem after repair. I am not sure about problem in your phone. I would advise you to sent it to Nokia repair if your phone is within warranty.

Last edited by Alphabeta; 2012-11-06 at 13:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alphabeta For This Useful Post: