Active Topics

Hello all,

I have been an avid supporter of this forum since my N900, have donated a couple of thousand USD to devs and will continue to help in any way I can as I appreciate everything everyone has been doing for this dead platform, Meego Harmattan. I hope despite the Jolla phone coming out there are some generous souls that would still like to develop and keep the N9 fresh and exciting until it's become overwhelmingly apparent there is no need to do so. For this reason I am going to donate my Nokia N9 which I have owned since Nov. of 2011. I paid $865 for this thing and it has never let me down. It has fulfilled every expectation and need I required from my daily phone without a hitch. The phone is in relatively good shape with normal wear and tear and has been dropped a few times and nothing has broken as a result.

I am not abandoning this phone just yet. I have a backup N9 sitting brand new in the box that I'm going to use as the replacement until something else peaks my interest. Since Ancelad released the sailfish theme I feel like I have a new and improved N9 in my hands. Whether its all in my head or not I am happy with it. I am going to transfer everything over to my new N9, wipe the old one, and start with a fresh flash for the new owner. Any devs interested in having this phone please get a hold of me. I don't know who I will pick and maybe I'll have a private raffle to decide who gets it but I am hoping it will go to a dev that needs one to develop specifically for the N9. Please be honest and promise to continue to develop for the N9 and I will seriously consider you for donation. The recipient will only need to split the shipping with me to your location. That is all. Thanks again to everyone

The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Yay, good offering...

Last edited by Ancelad; 2014-03-11 at 09:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Solid support

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ India
Thats really nice of you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kraker_abhy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Vancouver
I just logged in to say that I'm impressed by your donation offer. It is refreshing to see somebody going out of way to push for N9's development past the end-of-life.

Although who wouldn't like a free N9, I'll hesitate to ask because I'd rather let it be in the hands of a developer or somebody who has/can/will contribute(d) for maintaining the beautiful N9's legacy.

Good luck and thank you!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
Donate it to Cepiperez.he needs it most i guess

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to baboo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ New Delhi
Give it to Cepiperez! his got stolen.. Hasn't been able to put up money for a new one... As a result, whatsup dev is halted.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dak_sriv For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Hildon Foundation would be pleased to receive it as prize for upcoming events, if you don't mind I can give you an address.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 673 | Thanked: 230 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Mumbai
Cepi needs it!!!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zaidk9 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
yes! for CepiPerez!!!!!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post: