Notices

I keep it simple (thus why I was prone to try SiB) I use Gstreamer for everything unless it flat out doesnt work and then I try MPlayer.

For me Gstreamer plays my H264/AAC files way better than MPlayer, even my medium quality encodes tend to lag a bit and get out of sync on MPlayer. So its just a backup to cover the odd job files like MPEG2 that Gstreamer wont play.

At some point I think the extra codec pack will have it so that one player handles everything without need to pick one.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
Same here, I am also attracted by SiBs simplicity. Does the job for me

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

lol. All of this just flew over my head. How do I access Mplayer? Is it something I need to download and install? If so, from where and how? I've noticed some choppiness in certain videos when using the default media player which I'd like to avoid. Please excuse my noobery.

do you know how to change the playback speed on mplayer?????

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
@ViciousXUSMC

Do subtitles work for you on SIB? Because for me, that is the main reason to use the command line version of MPlayer.

Mplayer does indeed tend to stutter. For that reason I usually start up CPUFreq and overclock to 900 Mhz. Usually that does the trick for mplayer but occasionally, especially after long breaks, the audio gets out of sync and I restart.

hey guys u can use mplayer using midnight commander just go to the location and just click on video

Thanks fro nice discussion even i was don't know anything about dat.

Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by plastik View Post
Go to "Folders"->"Add folder...". Then, in the file explorer window you have to long press an empty space and select "Show hidden files".
sorry for bringing an old thread..but i tried your method, and it is not working..no matter how long i press, there is no "Show hidden files" option..

how exactly do i do that?i'd appreciate it if someone can help me..