Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
There were lots of warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
Give this link to upstream: http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/docs/faqs/signedchar.php
I got rid of all the warnings, I replaced the char declarations with signed char, and uint16 with int, hope this is ok.

The Following User Says Thank You to NerdKnight For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
No sound? Or crash?
forces removal (at least apt-get, though expecting dkpg to have same result)

I made some modifications to the code to emulate the right mouse button (holding x key) and esc key (pressing CTRL+q). Please tell me if there is another key that needs to be emulated.
Before uploading to extras-devel, we must resolve the following two problems:
  • deb bulding error with libsdl-mixer1.2.8-dev:
    Code:
    dpkg-shlibdeps: error: no dependency information found for /usr/lib/libSDL_mixer-1.2.so.0 (used by debian/freesynd/usr/local/bin/freesynd).
    dh_shlibdeps: dpkg-shlibdeps -Tdebian/freesynd.substvars
  • we need to upload Aapos's libsdl-image1.2-dev (v 1.2.10-2.1) to extras-devel

Last edited by NerdKnight; 2012-04-05 at 22:22.

Aapo needs to chime in, he didn't promote his ibsdlimage because of naming conventions/fear of backwards incompatibility. If we can somehow find a way to test 2.10 to confirm it doesn't break anything with previous packages this should be fixed. If no easy way to do it exist you can always include .so files for it and statically link.
Not sure how to deal with first problem though

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NerdKnight View Post
I made some modifications to the code to emulate the right mouse button (holding x key) and esc key (pressing CTRL+q). Please tell me if there is another key that needs to be emulated.
Any chances of - instead of emulating anything - just respecting people's remapped keyboard? Personally, I hate when games emulate anything - either some important (at least for me) function is always left forgotten (see Jagged Alliance 2 and switching ground/ceiling levels...), or emulated function override special key, that I'm used to, due to personal hardware keyboard remap.

Remember, that using blue arrow + shift, we got plenty of "free keys", where we can emulate almost full-fledged desktop keyboard. for example, I've all F1-F12 keys mapped to upper row shift+blue arrow, right and middle mouse click (blue arrow +tap and shift+blue arrow+tap, respectively), TAB, all my national special characters, all symbols... Without sacrificing any single default key.

There really isn't any need to emulate anything - just make game aware of user's keyboard layout if it's possible, and everyone will be happy penguins.

/Estel

Ps.

Thanks for Your efforts, nevertheless!
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Well, I'd appreciate an emulated mouse button since I don't want to push 3 keys simultaneously just to get a right mouse click.
The only thing that bothers me with emulated keys is different keyboard layouts for different countries on the phone. Please make sure that you use keys that are in the same position on all N900 versions.
If the user is given the opportunity to change the key-mapping himself, things would be even sweeter

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
...right and middle mouse click (blue arrow +tap and shift+blue arrow+tap, respectively)
What is this? witchcraft?

HOW DO YOU EMULATE MIDDLE+RIGHT CLICKS???

Please point me to the relevant information sources.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Don't worry, I'll add the key mappings to the game's config file.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NerdKnight For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Aapo needs to chime in, he didn't promote his ibsdlimage because of naming conventions/fear of backwards incompatibility. If we can somehow find a way to test 2.10 to confirm it doesn't break anything with previous packages this should be fixed. If no easy way to do it exist you can always include .so files for it and statically link.
Not sure how to deal with first problem though
Can you give me a clue on how to link the libraries statically?

The other approach could be commenting the code, so that doesn't need the new libraries. The newer libsdl-image is used only to load the mouse pointer image. The newer libsdl-mixer it's used apparently to load music in some cases, but with the code commented, the music it's still played (no crashes so far I tested). This way I could build a package and upload a first version to extras-devel, so others can test the game.

The Following User Says Thank You to NerdKnight For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NerdKnight View Post
Can you give me a clue on how to link the libraries statically?
Compile SDLmixer and SDLimage statically, and every other dynamically:

src/CMakeLists.txt
Code:
-target_link_libraries (freesynd ${PNG_LIBRARIES} ${SDL_LIBRARY} ${SDL_MIXER} ${SDL_IMAGE} )
+target_link_libraries (freesynd ${PNG_LIBRARIES} ${SDL_LIBRARY} )
+target_link_libraries (freesynd /usr/lib/libSDL_mixer.a -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg  -lsmpeg -lmikmod)
+target_link_libraries (freesynd /usr/lib/libSDL_image.a -ljpeg -ltiff)
On autobuilder you might need to add SDLmixer and SDLimage sources and compile them first (not sure where to put them so cmake finds them)

And dependencies are not
libsdl-image1.2-dev, libsdl-mixer1.2-dev,
but
libvorbis-dev, libsmpeg-dev, libogg-dev, libmikmod-dev

I have packed one libsdl-mixer, I compiled it without libmikmod, because it causes that game wants write zero length file to running directory (which needs write access). (I think it is know bug on libmikmod). If Freesynd is not even needing mikmod it could be wise to drop it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post: