Guys, let this be a lesson...

If you DO NOT know how to handle hardware in a low level developer capacity, DO NOT FLASH DEVELOPER IMAGES OF OPERATING SYSTEMS TO YOUR HARDWARE.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK. PAY ATTENTION TO THREADS THAT SCREAM AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS THAT "THIS SOFTWARE IS NOT READY FOR USE BY NORMAL USERS"

For those who blindly installed this before doing your homework. You deserved this. Now you dig yourself out.

-Thom

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
did u get meego to run???? im tempted to try it also.
It runs, but it's only command line (no GUI). No point in trying unless you love the command line.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
thanks Thom that really hurts

if anyone can help me i would appreciate it thank you..

azndude706,

I don't know myself. I didn't bother trying to install Meego since I knew that it wasn't going be stable enough for my liking. But hold on tight, I'm sure it's not un-reverseable. You just need to wait for the right person to come to the forum. Maybe re-title your thread to "can't reflash back to Maemo 5 after installing Meego" so people get a better idea of what's going on. Hopefully someone will help you out soon.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

OO ok guys totally my bad, i got it to reflash meamo on there WOOOOOOOOO!@!@ PRAISE THE LORD, all i was doing wrong was holding down U and pluggin in usb, i just had to make sure it loaded the nokia logo on the screen and stay on that mode, not loading meego shell! SOOOO IF ANYONE WAS ******ED LIKE ME and install meego, it reversible!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to azndude706 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ International
Congrats on raising your N900 from the dead :-)

ask here that guy "Cpitchford" can probably help you more than this place help level is similar to higher a plane of existence and lower would be here where they pick on and make fun of you being an *** does not make you balls bigger grow up but any way go here seek him out you must http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ces/bd-p/maemo

Originally Posted by superg05 View Post
ask here that guy "Cpitchford" can probably help you more than this place help level is similar to higher a plane of existence and lower would be here where they pick on and make fun of you being an *** does not make you balls bigger grow up but any way go here seek him out you must http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ces/bd-p/maemo
thanks superg05 but i got the problem solve was just a comment error i made haha, thanks tho!

Originally Posted by azndude706 View Post
OO ok guys totally my bad, i got it to reflash meamo on there WOOOOOOOOO!@!@ PRAISE THE LORD, all i was doing wrong was holding down U and pluggin in usb, i just had to make sure it loaded the nokia logo on the screen and stay on that mode, not loading meego shell! SOOOO IF ANYONE WAS ******ED LIKE ME and install meego, it reversible!
azndude,

I have the exact same problem as you. I installed meego and have nothing but the console. Have been trying to flash it back to maemo, but the usb icon doesn't appear anymore. I have the message "Using flashing protocol Mk II" too. I'm not clear on what you meant by "doing wrong". I held down the U and plugged in the usb. Please tell me what you did to get it to flash. Thanks.

Tags
my balls are bigger now, zombie n900