Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by nathaneous View Post
Just had a look at the UI hand-ons demo in youtube...it looks nice but lacks the user creativeness feel of the n900? From what i can see, you can no longer customize a set of desktops with widgets etc...?
Not out of the box.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
The N9, which will sell unsubsidized for the equivalent of about $670 to $760 for 16 and 64 gigabyte models...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/21/te...okia.html?_r=1

Really Nokia? You better have good deals inked up with operators...

You know that the unlocked iPhone 4 costs less, right?

And you do realize that the benefits of real multitasking will be lost on your iConsumers masses?

And who's gonna make the apps?

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Just testing the Harmattan Beta SDK.

Guitar Chords

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TomppaS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Would have been interesting a year ago, now it's just another "me too" with aging hardware.

Far too many things on the N900 felt rushed and not well thought out, I suspect much of the same with the N9. Certainly wouldn't buy one until it's been out for some time, and there are some in-depth reviews, not the "wow look at how fast the menu scrolls, awesome" type reviews. Swype? Already have it, swype down, notifications, up, app list, sideways, more customizable home screens.

No terminal installed by default, lacking some of the features that made the N900 unique. The N950 looks even more aged in terms of hardware.

Only good side here is my N900 should start going back up in value.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
I'm here just hoping that the local operators don't limit my choices to just the 16gb model, like they had done with some android handsets...

I wonder whats their excuse for the price?

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
As someone who moved to the darkside (Galaxy S) after nokia announced the MS love in, I do have to say that the N9 does look 'quite' good, some nice UI touches.
I will say, that as someone who stated a hardware keyboard was a must, you do get used to the on screen keyboard after a while..
If it wasn't for the fact that Nokia have already stated that the N9/N950 will be the last Meego phones, I would be tempted - as it is, there just seems no point..
Man I miss my multi-tasking, Nokia really had that nailed to perfection..

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
And you do realize that the benefits of real multitasking will be lost on your iConsumers masses?
Just like the benefits of awesome design and accessibility are lost on the TMO masses.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
The N9, which will sell unsubsidized for the equivalent of about $670 to $760 for 16 and 64 gigabyte models...
A) money has not been disclosed
B) when you read "equivalent of" you know it's a clueless analyst typing in the euro value without realizing how taxes in Europe work

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????