im waiting for the active version to be available for the u.s. but im curious how well will it work with a full body skin protecter or even a hard care or rubber case?

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by jayjayn View Post
im waiting for the active version to be available for the u.s. but im curious how well will it work with a full body skin protecter or even a hard care or rubber case?
from experience with previous devices, brodit mounts fit pretty snug. I would like to hear from someone who has one of the Brodit mounts for N900 and a zagg body shield fitted.

As far as any other type of case that is thicker than a body shield, i would expect them to be a complete no-no. Won't fit. Would need to be removed prior to inserting your N900 into the Brodit mount.

Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
I would like to hear from someone who has one of the Brodit mounts for N900 and a zagg body shield fitted.
I can tell you in a few days.

I have the brodit passive holder in my car and the zagg shield on the N900. The N900 will not fit into the holder with the full body cover. The side cover parts of the shield interferes with the "holding grip" of the holder, damaging the cover while sliding the N900 into the holder. Also the additional thickness added to the N900 by the zagg back cover will make fitting the N900 to the holder really really tight (too tight IMHO).

I removed all but the screen cover and now it fits really nicely in the holder. Win some, loose some...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J-E Eriksson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
thanks for the feedback. i figured it might be that way.

have you used the fm transmitter whilst the N900 in being charged by the Brodit active mount? i have heard reports about other chargers that they create so much interferance its almost unusable.

edit : just re-read your post and noticed its a passive mount you have. same question to anyone else

Originally Posted by J-E Eriksson View Post
I have the brodit passive holder in my car and the zagg shield on the N900. The N900 will not fit into the holder with the full body cover. The side cover parts of the shield interferes with the "holding grip" of the holder, damaging the cover while sliding the N900 into the holder. Also the additional thickness added to the N900 by the zagg back cover will make fitting the N900 to the holder really really tight (too tight IMHO).

I removed all but the screen cover and now it fits really nicely in the holder. Win some, loose some...
Man, that stinks. IMO, it shouldn't be THAT tight of a fit to where a layer of microns interferes with it.

well im glad i didnt wait because the full body would of been great instead i ordered the PDAIR metal case and PDAIR CAR MOUNT just unsure if it can be positioned in landscape mode at the same time.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol
Get a Mkiv Golf, flip the stand out and slide in above the air vent. Holds nicely, just waiting to hit a pothole and the shock snap it off!

Does anyone know of any online shops in the UK who have the Brodit Active holder for the N900 in stock?

I've had one on order from PDAhut http://www.pdahut.com/store/product....2&cat=0&page=1 for a couple of weeks, but they don't seem to have any stock.

MobileFun http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/brodit-ac...900-p23465.htm have been saying "in stock from tomorrow" for several days, at least.

Thanks in advance,
Simon

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Indiana, USA
The Brodit Active holder for the N900 does not exist yet.

http://www.brodit.com/productinformation.jsp?anr=512099

----- Aztekker

Tags
n900 carkit mount