Active Topics

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
well, that why the one hand mode exist on many android phones
Which I personally see as kind of non-sense. Why hold a big and heavy device but limit the usable screen size software wise?
(I do not want to start a debate!)

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
well, it's either that or 6+" all the time.
I'm doing a lot of daily work on the phone ATM because I don't actually have a choice and for excel even 5.5" is not something very practical. Sure, just as a phone 4" is just fine but for anything else it is not.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
I always said a 2016 era slim 5.2" phones was as big as I would tolerate, for exactly that reason: one handed use.

However, while i still have the same requiirement, the march of progress in thinning bezels and slimming screens means that I'm quite comfortable using my wife's Xiaomi MiA2 with its 6" 19:9 screen.

Looking forward to the XA2 Plus turning up in the UK at a REASONABLE price.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
I took some photos with Xperia XA2 and X Compact. Both were running official Sailfish OS 3.0.0.8. I used the patcher provided by G7 with X Compact for official build. In my mind the photos are sharper and better taken with X Compact. Take a look of the shoe photo for example.
Inside pictures: link
Outside pictures: link

Last edited by FlyingAntero; 2018-12-10 at 14:11.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FlyingAntero For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Without knowing where the focus lies on and where it should lie on, it's hard to judge. The shoes look a little bit sharper on the the X compact. But looking at the door it shows a complete different thing. The writing on the door is sharp on the XA2 photo, whereas it is unsharp on the x compact.

So in the end for me the pics are only showing, that the autofocus still has some room for improvements.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ NIgeria
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Quite so! I am not (yet) changing my Jolla while it still works and fulfills my needs. Ask yourself if your current phone does and only 'upgrade' if the answer is no.
Word pichlo, WORD!
Since what you need is provided, changing to a new device just seems cosmetic to me. Better performance, better battery better bluetooth, all nice but the latter would need ages of work to be perfected as it is on Jolla Phone. All comes down to that simple question: Are your needs met? and will this change give you that satisfaction?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dameceno For This Useful Post: