Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
I give you a tip: Leave the protector on the screen if it does not bother you.

I peeled mine off the screen in the moment I received it on the community event - and there is already a scratch on my screen! I don't even know where it comes from.

It seems the glass is soft as butter.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I am afraid the fact that they decided to install screen protectors on all Jolla C by default means the screen is not very scratch resistant by itself. I think I did not see any "GorillaGlass" or similar brand in the specification sheet.

Can some of the happy early owners of Jolla C tell us more about this? Should we be worried that the screen has to be protected? Do we know the screen protector model and brand?

[Edit] OK, seems I missed a page already answering to my concerns. Bad news.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Sounds like it's a plastic display cover and not glass, understandable considering the price.

On the plus side you can claim the phone is shatterproof as Motorola are marketing their plastic display as.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
Sounds like it's a plastic display cover and not glass, understandable considering the price.

On the plus side you can claim the phone is shatterproof as Motorola are marketing their plastic display as.
Let's hope spare parts for Intex Aqua Fish will available on ebay and it's possible to replace the display on the Jolla C with a glass screen.

Last edited by LouisDK; 2016-06-29 at 10:23.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
Let's hope spare parts for Intex Aqua Fish will available on ebay and it's possible to replace the display on the Jolla C with a glass screen.
Intex display will be the same

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
guys i have a question, since sailfish is based on mer so does the development of sailfish provides any contribution to mer in terms of coding

The Following User Says Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hardy_magnus View Post
guys i have a question, since sailfish is based on mer so does the development of sailfish provides any contribution to mer in terms of coding
Jolla is probably the main contributor to mer these days, or at least it has been for a while when they were at full steam.

But yes, they contribute back to mer and there are other things that are open source already, such as the stock browser. You could even implement a lot of backend stuff, such as OTR or several email features.

How open source SFOS is an interesting topic that has been discussed at length in multiple threads in this forum and other places, so I suggest you search and read about it before we go too much off topic.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
thanx ggabriel its gud to know about the sailfish contribution to mer. i have so many questions regarding jolla c (sailfish) but i guess i will get my answers when i buy intex aqua fish.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Intex display will be the same
Well I'll have to see it to believe it.

Various tech sites have sated that it have a 5" gorilla glass screen. Also in many pictures online it looks like a glass display do to the screen reflection.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Jolla is probably the main contributor to mer these days, or at least it has been for a while when they were at full steam.
You can easily follow what's going on in Mer using this page:

https://git.merproject.org/groups/mer-core/activity

Just note that you need to refresh it manually once in a while, it doesn't have auto-refresh.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os