hi!
i've a question:
it is possible to create a program that you choose the performance?
for example:
save battery -> 400MHz, low light on the screen, ecc
normal -> 600MHz, ecc
Multimedia -> 5/600 MHz high light on the screen
High performance -> 800MHz/1GHz

is someone to have the capacity for realize this program ?
i think that's a good idea for a wonderful program

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Hmm, I think the system itself should be intelligent enough to do this. Why should a user have to take the burden to decide this?
Can you come up with an explicit usecase for "save battery -> 400MHz, low light on the screen" that's not covered by the current N810 that dims the screen after some time anyway?
Why would you want to not use the complete power for "normal" performance? 4 days of battery life in stand-by mode not enough? :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
yes, you're right. i have the n800 ad i forgot that the n810 can do that...
but this is not a bad idea...
adn what about the high performance? when i go on tne internet i must have a high performance to see the page with full flash, 5 or 6 page on the same time, pop up and so on...

Advanced Power and Advanced Power Monitor (https://garage.maemo.org/projects/advanced-power/) have a CPU Policy option that lets you choose between options like 'conservative','on-demand' and 'performance'. I've found it to be useful for times when I need top stretch the battery life due to a lack of power for an extended time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tamarin2087 For This Useful Post:
ohhh fantastic! that's what i'm looking for!!
thank you!!

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by tamarin2087 View Post
Advanced Power and Advanced Power Monitor (https://garage.maemo.org/projects/advanced-power/) have a CPU Policy option that lets you choose between options like 'conservative','on-demand' and 'performance'. I've found it to be useful for times when I need top stretch the battery life due to a lack of power for an extended time.
I just installed Advanced Power Monitor, how do I access the application?

Last edited by Den in USA; 2009-08-13 at 14:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Just click the battery applet and you'll have options under 'CPU policy'. If cpu policy is not enabled by default, you can enable it in settings->items (again in the battery menu).

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ italy
Just to know, when i put the device in "performance mode", the clock is 400mhz. When is "ondemand" it's 400mhz ever...
what's the difference???
ondemand means that it space between 165 and 400mhz, but performance is always on 400mhz...
what's the advantage?

Originally Posted by pinguino89 View Post
Just to know, when i put the device in "performance mode", the clock is 400mhz. When is "ondemand" it's 400mhz ever...
what's the difference???
ondemand means that it space between 165 and 400mhz, but performance is always on 400mhz...
what's the advantage?
i'm not sure i understand your question. however, reason for performance mode is, that system does not need to check for cpu usage and does not try to scale cpu, therefore gives a little bit better performance than "ondemmand".

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ italy
ha ok Understood, I was asking me, wy "performance" if the maximum is always 400 mhz

Tags
cpu, mhz, performance