Active Topics

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Same here, "user name or password incorrect". Mine is yahoo.com in US.

bun

I have this error when connecting via wifi, it works via the 3G connection.
However sometimes the wifi module stays on and prevents connection I suppose so try it after a fresh reboot.

hi there,

I might have a solution to set up the Yahoo! Mail on the Nokia N900.
There are several steps.
1.Follow the steps in this link.
http://picobit.wordpress.com/2009/04...ee-pop-access/

Or click My account on your Yahoo mail. In your yahoo account information and on your Account Settings click on Set language, site and time zone link. In this edit member information page choose the New Setting as Yahoo! Asia.
Then save everything and log out.
Log back in to check you Pop and Forwarding settings. It should have change to an editing one. Click edit setting and in this new page choose Web and POP Access.
You can click on Pop Setting to check your settings and use them to set up your email on your N900 email.

2. Set up your Email on your N900
Open your Email settings on your phone. Create a new account with US as the region and Other as service provider. You can put whatever you want for Account Name.

3. Fill out normally your user setting.

4. Next fill out the other field according to the settings you will have on your yahoo Pop and Forwarding.

It did work partially for me but not perfectlly as it should be. I got some emails from my N900 yahoo account but not eveything came up.

I guess when the email on my N900 will fully load up, everything will work fine.

Good luck.

Last edited by yanness; 2010-02-13 at 17:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to yanness For This Useful Post:
i had problem too but now its working. i just modified the incoming server; added n.mail.yahoo.com

Hello,

I can't see the tab for "add or edit" my account in my yahoo mail settings. Could someone please help?

Thanks

I can send and receive mail fine for Yahoo Mail but I can't get it to synct to the server so I have to delete mail from 2 places. It's annoying. Can anyone explain how to sync?

I have POP3 set up. Leave messages on server is unchecked.

Incoming plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com Port 995
Outgoing is us.smtp.mail.yahoo.com Port 587

Originally Posted by Strive_Masiwa View Post
Anyone else in the US having issues with Nokia Messaging the last 12hrs?
You may want to talk with TMobile or Nokia with regards to this feature.

Posts: 175 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester UK
I would like to be able to log out of my accounts - is this possible or some other password protection?

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California
Originally Posted by yanness View Post
hi there,

I might have a solution to set up the Yahoo! Mail on the Nokia N900.
There are several steps.
1.Follow the steps in this link.
http://picobit.wordpress.com/2009/04...ee-pop-access/

Or click My account on your Yahoo mail. In your yahoo account information and on your Account Settings click on Set language, site and time zone link. In this edit member information page choose the New Setting as Yahoo! Asia.
Then save everything and log out.
Log back in to check you Pop and Forwarding settings. It should have change to an editing one. Click edit setting and in this new page choose Web and POP Access.
You can click on Pop Setting to check your settings and use them to set up your email on your N900 email.

2. Set up your Email on your N900
Open your Email settings on your phone. Create a new account with US as the region and Other as service provider. You can put whatever you want for Account Name.

3. Fill out normally your user setting.

4. Next fill out the other field according to the settings you will have on your yahoo Pop and Forwarding.

It did work partially for me but not perfectlly as it should be. I got some emails from my N900 yahoo account but not eveything came up.

I guess when the email on my N900 will fully load up, everything will work fine.

Good luck.
Wow, that totally worked!!! Many thanks Yanness. I can't for the life of me understand why Sbcglobal and Yahoo Plus is supported but not the plain ol' free Yahoo.

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Same here, "user name or password incorrect". Mine is yahoo.com in US.

bun
try this:

Incoming server:

imap.n.mail.yahoo.com

Port : 143

outgoing server:

smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

Port: 587

i have just find out this method. it's work for me. Hope to work for you too.

The Following User Says Thank You to charls_chong For This Useful Post:

Tags
e-mail, email, frematle, guide, howto, imap, maemo, maemo 5, modest, pop3, tutorial, yahoo e-mail, yahoo email, yahoo mail