Active Topics

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
My beloved N900 let me down tonight. In front of my friends and their girlfriends (all of whom have Android and iPhones) my N900 couldn't display facebook photos or play facebook videos and even the pics taken with BlessN900 were shitty. Tonight has made me want to throw my N900 into a river, it embarrassed me. lots of comments on it's bulk I can handle. But it did NOT perform as a smartphone should have done.

Can anyone help me?

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Tell your mates they are fags and their girlfriends look worse than susan boyle on crack

The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to lucas777 For This Useful Post:
who cares what you friends think as long as youre happy with the n900. i know i am

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
The new facebook update screwed us over, but you should have loaded macuco browser and loaded their own iphone app inside n900 and say suck my balls.

The Following User Says Thank You to lucas777 For This Useful Post:
If you really feel like throwing it in the river, msg me and I'll buy it from you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nightfire For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Wait... What happened to the facebook photos? They show fine in MicroB here... ohhhh the overlay thingy. It still works a fine here, just a little cut on the right, but its expected given the size of the screen/browser.

Besides, just open youtube and play a video, run an emulator, open easy debian and run full firefox (ice weasel), run cuteTube and download your favourite youtube videos, hook a wii remote and play games using it... theres so many mods and features and stuff you can do with your N900. Apps aren't everything

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
show them youtube videos 'n900 vs iphone'(search youtube) show them comments etc.show them this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk6F2V144Hc

No problem displaying photos here. Only tested some mates pages of course.

Could you give us an examples of ones that wouldnt load?

Also no issues playing

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....id=65853440990

Low res full screen runs just fine. Embeded not well but fullscreen almost always works well
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Show them 30 apps running at once and tell them to try that with their phones.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
My beloved N900 let me down tonight. In front of my friends and their girlfriends (all of whom have Android and iPhones) my N900 couldn't display facebook photos or play facebook videos and even the pics taken with BlessN900 were shitty. Tonight has made me want to throw my N900 into a river, it embarrassed me. lots of comments on it's bulk I can handle. But it did NOT perform as a smartphone should have done.

Can anyone help me?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, crane