Active Topics

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
In my system, the only way to make everything work out of plugging it to the n900 is by plugging it first to my Cyber-Power Hub. If I don't do that first, always sounds like there's something in the connection because it never detects or keep saying "device no accepting address x, error y". SOMETIMES it will detect, but is REALLY difficult.

SO, I would recommend to, before trying to use H-E-N, to use some GOOD/BRAND hub to filter out any noise.

In fact I'm using hub that cost me 3$ - bought new from Internet store, with few other things. Still, it's working reliably with Hi-speed (2.0 - measured with adequate tools), and of course provide possibility to charge N900 without Y-Cable (in the same time isolating power plug from mainline of USB - i tested it they way joerg_rw suggested. IDK how it works, but still, it works and N900 is properly charged during hostmode).

So, i would filter GOOD/BRAND out, and just leave GOOD

trisha02 - You probably need to enable extras-testing repository, while You just have extras enabled.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing <- in this article, You'll find all information about this repository, with instruction how to enable it. Don't be scarred by all that things about blowing brain, frying dog etc - of course this usual warnings apply as always, but extkbd is pretty stable and it should be in extras for a long time (probably, too less people cared to vote).

To be on safe side, You can just disable extras-testing after that - ho ever, You will need to enable it or even extras-devel every time You want to install something that doesn't reside in extras (or extras-testing). Ho ever, if You use such things as HEN, You're probably not so easily scarred by "beta" packages, aren't You?

actually i saw videos in youtube using mouse..from there i gt interesed..i have exras testing installed...here is not exmou there but here is mouse suppirt app...i installed hat and did the same thing that i did when i had bid scripts..but dint works as well..is the mouse app and extmou app same?
...c this...http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66141

Thread name: "[ANNOUNCE] Mouse Support - extmou"

So apparently, it is

Anyway, out of ideas, sorry (of course You uninstalled bt-hid scripts before installing extmou, yes?). Try asking in extmou thread, i.e. thread You've linked in here.

"enable Extras Development repository and install Mouse Support if using Application Manager. If using CLI package name is extmou."...so i found mouse support..installed it.ran HEN..enumerate...he mouse cursor dint appear..(uninstalled bit hid scripts b4 installing mouse support

Hi trisha02,
some suggestions:

1.) Try different speeds in h-e-n (High, Full, and Low)
2.) Try using a powered hub between N900 and mouse (for the hub, the speed in h-e-n should normally be High speed)
3.) Try a different mouse

If none of these works, I am out of ideas.

sorry..dint work..i feel so angry cz i cant figure out where is he problem

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I have a davicom chipped Crystal Blue super cheap USB wired ethernet adapter that I can almost get working on my N900. I have in the past installed some scripts to try to get this working but the USB port was broken so I wasn't able to get anything working.
Now with a new USB port I have read/write on flash drives, I can use USB keyboards, I also can get the Crystal Blue ethernet adapter to light up and an interface called WIRED appears in my Internet connections options and automatically attempts to give my programs Internet access unsuccessfully.
The driver seems to be available for the Davicom, but none loads and then obviously no interface appears in ifconfig.
I am having trouble finding definite info other than the os2008 stuff which obviously will not work with a N900.
I run /usr/sbin/usbEthUp.sh and it says that /lib/modules/2.6.28.10-power47/usb2net/modlist is not present
Is there a USB ethernet adapters faq like they did for os2008 that I am missing?
I know the davicom chip is flaky but this adapter successfully connects when used with my laptop.
tried sudo modprobe usbnet, no love at all.
I am sure I am missing something stupid and this is a few keystrokes away for someone who actually knows what is going on.
I also looked at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1002480 and didn't see anything useful, again perhaps overlooking the obvious.

Last edited by biketool; 2011-06-24 at 13:06.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
has the conflict between the h-e-n and fcam been solved? can somebody point me to the right direction, please (links)? i don't want to uninstall fcam so i need some workaround.
i'm a newbie so please guide me accordingly. hehe
thanks!

trisha02, please paste here you dmesg out AFTER You're finished with unsuccessful attempt to connect mouse. You will find dmesg output using HEN application menu (upper part of screen, blue arrow near name of HEN, when You're "inside" program). Remember that You must open it after all steps (speed select, vboost on, enumerate - mount isn't needed here, cause it's not storage medium), or it won't contain necessary data for us to debug.

That's the "technical" data we need - few people get their (other) problems solved providing us that correct info, so it's worth to always provide as much technical/debug data as You can.

@biketool
Answered You on NIC thread, ho ever i don't know if that prove helpful.

vetsin, I never ever encountered conflict between HEN and fCam. so please, don't spread FUD. Actually, few minutes ago i was taking photos to my "mugen cover with lens cover" mod tutorial, saving it to pendrive without any middle-steps. The only so called ''conflict'' between fCam-whatever i have heard is with kp47, and it's also FUD, cause solution is simple - reinstall (or purge - install again) fCam drivers after upgrading to kp47.

Still, this do not belongs to HEN thread, neither got ANYTHING in common with getting USB peripherals to work with HEN.

Last edited by Estel; 2011-06-24 at 13:56.

Tags
awesome!, bada rox, h-e-n hostmode, more noise