Notices

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
official medical apps for maemo
3g video calling
a videoplayer which doesnt require flash sometimes,just like quicktime
i-swifter like app which is equal to flashplayer to play any videos
apps which can increase battery life
flash plugins for opera
proxy server to access banned sites..
i hope this is comming soon ,dont know if i should be damn optimistic though ..

i hope this makes N900 more than just perfect ..

Last edited by prankster; 2011-05-17 at 08:19.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
I have few ideas that I might implement (or if someone else wants to implement it, its fine).

1. Green Earth: App that will notify frequently (say once in 5 minute) if the device is connected to charger and battery is fulled. Useful if you charge your device at place a bit far or invisible from where you stay (you can't hear those small short charge full tone and those notification light).

2. What's Today or Today Info app: Store some international days (May Day just passed), Upon opening application it will show message box with info about today (if there's some international day today), might later turn into a desktop widget but no association with calendar, you won't like to have those international days in your calendar, would you?

3. PicoCAD: I thought of MicroCAD first, then NanoCAD and now PicoCAD, which would be small application for vector graphics. Although making it function rich would be harder, getting basic things done shouldn't be harder. I actually made very small version with only draw line by inputting coordinate, but paused it afterward.

4. Port engauge which is graph digitizer software written in earlier version of Qt, import image and get coordinates of lines in the graph. I tried a bit to port it and it almost got compiled (only few errors were left) but I messed it and then pause again.

5. Some engineering calculation software, maybe culvert design, pavement width calculation, area calculator or whatever.

Now my question is which app would you guys like to see? If you guys are interested in any of those app, then do mention. If there are noticeable number of guys who are interested in any of those, then I might give it a try else I am too busy these days (preparing GRE + job).

Note that I am just a beginner and hence don't expect too much.
Joseph, do you take requests? I was hoping somebody would create a personal journal/diary app for the n900.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

I'm missing tapatalk, whatsapp and shazam.

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaRocks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ France
- An Evernote app (Qvernote and Evernote through MicroB don't work anymore on my cellpho...)
- A true, fast email app.

These are the only apps I am missing right (especially the Evernote one).

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
i really miss a crossfading dj-application, like mixxx (it's not working in easy debian due to pulsesound issues...

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
I'm missing tapatalk, whatsapp and shazam.
I was thinking about coding Qt tapatalk client, but they don't seem to want open source client
What would you do with whatsapp? Maemo has awesome telepathy based chat integrated
Shazam, there is instinctiv.

Originally Posted by Vlad_on_the_road View Post
- An Evernote app (Qvernote and Evernote through MicroB don't work anymore on my cellpho...)
- A true, fast email app.

These are the only apps I am missing right (especially the Evernote one).
Shouldn't you try to solve the problem with Qvernote, instead of asking for new applications

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
official medical apps for maemo
3g video calling
a videoplayer which doesnt require flash sometimes,just like quicktime
i-swifter like app which is equal to flashplayer to play any videos
apps which can increase battery life
flash plugins for opera
proxy server to access banned sites..
i hope this is comming soon ,dont know if i should be damn optimistic though ..

i hope this makes N900 more than just perfect ..
Kmplayer doesn't require flash?
You can increase your battery life with QCPUFreq for example.
There are quite a few proxy applications for linux.

Last edited by laasonen; 2011-05-17 at 10:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
But I cannot chat with friends that are using whatsapp.
Really sad that they don't want to have an QT tapatalk version...

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
3G Video call, ffs it's on my old N70 and N95, why isn't it here? Loved it, my carrier charges the same for 3G video calls and regular voice calls.

What else...
Nothing much, but I want the emulators to run smoothly on the N900. HLE and all that. I mean, on the PSP I'm running OOT at full speed, and on the N900 it bombs out every now and then.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
I was thinking about coding Qt tapatalk client, but they don't seem to want open source client
What would you do with whatsapp? Maemo has awesome telepathy based chat integrated
Shazam, there is instinctiv.

Shouldn't you try to solve the problem with Qvernote, instead of asking for new applications

Kmplayer doesn't require flash?
You can increase your battery life with QCPUFreq for example.
There are quite a few proxy applications for linux.
kmplayer doesn't play any video content of sites like youku.com
proxy apps like?

I am missing Pst Mail Application. It is a simple app that will bring Outlook offline folders to your mobile, making their email messages immediately available.With the advanced search option, you may easily locate messages by looking in its sender, recipients, subject attachment file name or message body. Results may also be restricted to a date range and optionally include results from subfolders.Reply and Forward messages

it would a very interesting application to be developed for Nokia N900 where carrying a laptop to view archive mail would not be necessary any more.

Tags
applications, coding, competition, ideas, nokia n900