Active Topics

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
PARENT THREAD

So, I'll follow the trend for this week of meetups in London - here's a thread for today's.

Cancelled due to lack of external (i.e. non-conference-goer) interest
Dinner and drinks from 7:30 at The Fox, ExCeL (Custom House DLR)

I'll keep this thread up to date with exactly where we are, but this venue should be really handy for people to jump out of Nokia World and say hi, as well as for people in Central London - it's just 20m from Bank on the DLR.

So who's available to come along, and what times are you free?

Feel free to PM me if you've not got a constant net/email connection and I'll keep you up to date by SMS.

Stephen

Last edited by vitaminj; 2011-10-26 at 17:37. Reason: Washout ... am putting the blame squarely on Elop for this not happening

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Anybody going?

Well there's a bunch of people who said they could go.
I'll show up at 7:30 and maybe some of them will join me. I hope not to be eating alone in a corner...

Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
Well there's a bunch of people who said they could go.
I'll show up at 7:30 and maybe some of them will join me. I hope not to be eating alone in a corner...
I'm sure people a lot of people who might join you are in the conference so busy or no reception. Put a Maemo sign on a piece of cardboard taped to a broom-handle - sure to attract attention, just hope it's of the right kind!
Attached Images

I'm hoping that once all the sessions finish and people get bored of champagne and caviar with Mr. Elop and his fine quality Windows Phones that they'll check here and wander along to the pub. Fingers crossed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
...slowly starting to change my mind on sitting in a pub alone ... any takers?
If not, might postpone to Friday, which seems to have a larger amount of traction in the parent thread?

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Won't be able to make it tonight shame as I would have gladly kept you company. Hoping to get to the Friday meetup.

Sorry, me too. I thought there might be quite a few Maemo people at the conference. Maybe pm one of the ones who came along on Monday to see if they're going somewhere or too wobbly on champagne?

I've twitterised a few that I know are inside, but I'm gonna leave it unless I get a flood of messages (it take me about an hour to get there).
I'm assuming that there's minimal interest from people who aren't actually inside enjoying themselves already, which is a shame.
So let's try this Friday thing instead. Back to the parent thread...