So when is the App store coming again ?
Oh sorry Nokia doesn't give out dates. Its better we just keep expecting without a timeline.

i think the app store need improvement over the search feature .. when i select "free" it shows up "free trial" along w/ free apps waste my time going through to find free apps

The Following User Says Thank You to vietn900 For This Useful Post:
are there any finance apps for the N900? ones that to basic TVM calculations and such.. just like we used to have on the Palm OS? I bought the N900 thinking I have access to a lot of apps but the ones I could locate are very few using the application downloader that came with the phone. What apps have you installed that you find useful and must have? I am still searching for a pdf reader.

has anyone used the application "Stock this" ? its a really pathetic.. not ready for prime time. It doesnt even pull the necessary data and when I enter the stock symbol "Mo" (Altria group) it says "cannot recognize symbol".

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by rman View Post
are there any finance apps for the N900? ones that to basic TVM calculations and such.. just like we used to have on the Palm OS? I bought the N900 thinking I have access to a lot of apps but the ones I could locate are very few using the application downloader that came with the phone. What apps have you installed that you find useful and must have? I am still searching for a pdf reader.
there was a pdf reader installed on mine as out of the box.

Ovi store look like is available now. Plus, you have to update your N900 to new update (1.2009.44-1.002) to view Ovi Store website.

Originally Posted by samtng View Post
Ovi store look like is available now. Plus, you have to update your N900 to new update (1.2009.44-1.002) to view Ovi Store website.
Old news by now but thanks for the good intentions.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by franny87 View Post
I just want more games. Hope Nokia delivers them. For now only good one is Angry Birds, Cube Touch and Solitare. The rest are on the S60 OVI store. We need more 3D games!!! We need more developers!!!
Cube is buggy (i get 11 yellow square and only 8 white after a restore, wtf?), just like backgammon (disappearing pieces and crashes) by the same offscr company.
I wonder if those were really tested ... ?
And how many from them actually work? :-(

The Following User Says Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Lisbon, Portugal
When I try to go to the Ovi Store it tell me I need to update my firmware. Is it just me or is this Ovi being Ovi ? (obviously i'm at 51.1 and don't have upgrades pending )

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by chbm View Post
When I try to go to the Ovi Store it tell me I need to update my firmware. Is it just me or is this Ovi being Ovi ? (obviously i'm at 51.1 and don't have upgrades pending )
Are you hiding the user agent at all? If so, you'll need to uninstall that - the Ovi store uses the user agent to detect whether the phone can connect or not. Otherwise, you could try deleting the microB configuration (rm -rf /home/user/.mozilla/microb) and see whether that clears it up.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post: