Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Exactly.

Different things are important for dofferent people.
For example, @shallimus is worrying about the calendar sync support, which is something I could not care less, I hardly use the calendar in my device at all, except for checking which is the current date. (no sync needed there)

On the other hand, I have froiendas that regularily send me MMS'es, and I'd like to see them without logging on to my provider's MMS gateway page which is pretty tedious procedure.
Yes indeed. That all makes sense. I don't know anyone who uses MMS in either of the two countries on two different continents where I live my life, which is why I asked my question about MMS.

I hope I managed to mark my question as being sincere and not intended to annoy anyone, because it was a genuine wish to know why people still care about MMS. I started out assuming there are good reasons to want it still. Now I have some idea what those are

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Yes indeed. That all makes sense. I don't know anyone who uses MMS in either of the two countries on two different continents where I live my life, which is why I asked my question about MMS.

I hope I managed to mark my question as being sincere and not intended to annoy anyone, because it was a genuine wish to know why people still care about MMS. I started out assuming there are good reasons to want it still. Now I have some idea what those are
Hi. I don't quite understand the issue folks are having about using MMS (except that is currently does not work on Jolla). I use MMS when I send text message to more than one person at same time or if I send an image or camera shot via text. Works really nice. I guess I am behind the times but what do folks normally do instead?

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
My disappointments after this update:
1. Still no Voice Mail Notification.
2. No Calendar notification
3. No MMS
4. Cannot click/swipe on notification icons on lock screen
5. No solution to avoid scrolling to top on long list/pages to access pull down menu.

I like after the update:
1. Butter smooth - no lagging so far
2. Bluetooth audio A2DP lockup seems to have resolved with my car
3. Lipstick does not seem to take over the system. Haven't had to kill it.
4. Haven't had to reboot since the update
5. Contact showing type of phone number

Final thought.
I still like the N9/Harmattan interface. Why did they have to change it? It is like they changed it just to be different. It was so natural. We just needed some fixes. I wish someone starts an open source project to put Harmattan like interface on Nemo.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Anyone been brave enough to enable google calendar sync? Exactly what will happen once I enable a google account? I'd like it to only interact with the calendar, but apperently that's not an option.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. I don't quite understand the issue folks are having about using MMS (except that is currently does not work on Jolla). I use MMS when I send text message to more than one person at same time or if I send an image or camera shot via text. Works really nice. I guess I am behind the times but what do folks normally do instead?
No issue here other than curiosity about why people still use MMS, which people have answered, so now I know!

Me? I tend to use email a lot for sending images, as I don't typically need a quick response. A lot of people use WhatsApp (yes, yes, I know about the privacy concerns) or Facebook or that Apple thing (iMessage?) or Telegram or various other things I probably don't even know about.

I guess there are as many combinations of valid ways of sending messages as there are people who send messages.

I hope you get your MMS support on Jolla!

Edit: hey, looks like you get MMS next update! Cool! (see below)

Last edited by shallimus; 2014-03-18 at 16:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post

Final thought.
I still like the N9/Harmattan interface. Why did they have to change it? It is like they changed it just to be different. It was so natural. We just needed some fixes. I wish someone starts an open source project to put Harmattan like interface on Nemo.
Can they actually just straight out use the harmattan UI concept? You would think Nokia/MS understandably would not just give it away. I mean the UI is still in use on AshaOS.

I agree with other statements here that notifications screen thingie is just not used anywhere near to its potential and I would certainly rather just access it like on harmattan. I don't think I'm the only one that especially on the early days when they got the phone forgot the whole thing existed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Can they actually just straight out use the harmattan UI concept? You would think Nokia/MS understandably would not just give it away. I mean the UI is still in use on AshaOS.
It is possible the Nokia/MS will have an issue. I am thinking about just a few things that they could do to improve.

1. Nothing happens when you swipe from the side edges of the launcher icons screen. What a waste! It is a natural gesture.

2. Swipe to left and right from Lock Screen and home screen - 4 screens - resereved for Ambiance. Why?

3. Can only see 9 running apps? And they call it the best multi-tasking platform? Home screen swipe left/right could easily get rid of the 9 open app limit. That is if Jolla wants to do it.

These things are not my idea, but has been mentioned many times. Jolla seems to be ignoring them though.

I had hoped Jolla will listen to some of the suggestions that the users made.

Don't get me wrong, but I still like Jolla, but I wish they will start working or tell us that we will look into making the interface more intuitive.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Mulhouse, France

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to candas1 For This Useful Post:
Only because you think it would be cool doesn't make everyone think it is.

I am satisfied with 9 apps.
I don't want horizontal scrolling on apps list. Give me folders and all is well.

Last edited by Morpog; 2014-03-18 at 16:14.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Only because you think it would be cool doesn't make everyone think it is.

I am satisfied with 9 apps.
I thought it was very weird that when I open the 10th app, I can't see it in the multi-tasking pane. I agree with abyzthomas that there should be some way of getting to it without seeking the app icon in the launcher.

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
I don't want vertical scrolling on apps list. Give me folders and all is well.
If you're replying to the list of ideas from abyzthomas, I think you mean horizontal? No matter.

All these things you don't want/need! Presumably your experience is better with less choice, which makes me think of another ecosystem altogether

Still, I agree that launcher folders are a great idea. Hopefully they'll be in the next release.

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"