Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
hmmm...since Saturn haven't updated Cleven (compatible with KP50) i decided to modded his program a bit....

This is for all KP50 user who have install Cleven on their devices....download the files below to your devices and using filebox copy the clevenMain.pyc to....

Code:
/opt/cleven
This will fixed the compatible issues regarding KP50....

then copy all files from compat-wireless folder to....

Code:
/opt/cleven/compat-wireless
This will fixed the injection driver error on Cleven.....

also for those who using Wepon on the devices,they also can copy the files on compat-wireless folder to....

Code:
/opt/wifi_mon
This also will fixed Wepon error on KP50....

Remember make backup first just in case my method didn't works...it works on all 3 on my devices....
Attached Files
File Type: zip Cleven Fixed.zip (222.2 KB, 177 views)

Last edited by pusak gaoq; 2012-04-16 at 11:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
hmmm...since Saturn haven't updated Cleven (compatible with KP50) i decided to modded his program a bit....

This is for all KP50 user who have install Cleven on their devices....download the files below to your devices and using filebox copy the clevenMain.pyc to....
How about the clevenMain.py file, rather than the compiled version so that people can see what is going on and the author get's a chance to include your code in a future revision??

The Following User Says Thank You to StefanL For This Useful Post:
It works. Thanks. Actually, cleven was working fine already with kp50 wl12xx drivers. But that error msg was just annoying.
Thanks again !

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post

Code:
/opt/cleven
This will fixed the compatible issues regarding KP50....

then copy all files from compat-wireless folder to....

Code:
/opt/cleven/compat-wireless
This will fixed the injection driver error on Cleven.....

also for those who using Wepon on the devices,they also can copy the files on compat-wireless folder to....

Code:
/opt/wifi_mon
This also will fixed Wepon error on KP50....

Remember make backup first just in case my method didn't works...it works on all 3 on my devices....
Have you tried to PM Saturn? He might be too busy and could add you to the maintainers list.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
HI,

I'm hoping now that things started again rolling with lxp and freemangordon, they (or someone else) publish the new and old versions of the bleeding edge drivers on the repos.
Then all applications can just correctly depend on them instead everyone ships with their application one set of them.

If noone does this in the short future i will have to make the ugly decision and include both versions in the package. The application then will use whichever is appropriate for the KP installed.

Let's see..

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Or maybe include functionality like in wifi-selector-applet-switcher (or whatever it is called) so after installing look for drivers, if not found offer to dl and based on kernel version either =<49 or 50(+)? (still think for such a tool relying on end-user to dl appropriate drivers is best, GUI should be for ease of usage, not to replace thinking on part of users)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Or maybe include functionality like in wifi-selector-applet-switcher (or whatever it is called) so after installing look for drivers, if not found offer to dl and based on kernel version either =<49 or 50(+)? (still think for such a tool relying on end-user to dl appropriate drivers is best, GUI should be for ease of usage, not to replace thinking on part of users)
This is still a workaround and even more ugly because it can be even potentially unsafe.

For example, i could be wicked and change the files you download from my private location at some point with a malware and infect unsuspecting users. Or more probable case, I might need to remove my server, then everyone is left hanging..

The repos and autobuilder are there to guarantee distribution and security. The best/correct option is to use them.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Saturn: you could statically include any malicious lib/.so, if you would want to, right now on extras-devel. Especially with program that runs using super-user privileges (which is why I try to compile things downloaded from there myself and diff sources versus what was fed to autobuilder, still something nasty could slip). Standard warnings to the usage of devel repos apply
More worried about wasting your time to make a tool that shouldn't be used by fools fool-proof (in the other sense)

Last edited by szopin; 2012-04-16 at 17:32.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
More worried about wasting your time to make a tool that shouldn't be used by fools fool-proof (in the other sense)
you just reminded me:

"Build something that is fool proof and they will build a better fool."

it is actually a paraphrase of what Einstein once said to a more funny one..

<sorry for the OT>

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
@Saturn

i have made an application for MDK3
called Wifi-Pwner

i modified your load.sh a bit to include all the versions of KP installed

Code:
#!/bin/sh

kernel=$(uname -r)

# defaults
if [ "$kernel" == "2.6.28.10-power49" ]; then