Notices

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
The promotional 'video' which is packed into N900's memory by Nokia - it can be found on YouTube - how was it created? And is there similar video for N9? And for N950?
Just curious. Press 'Ctrl' and, holding it down, touch the screen with you finger; does anything happen? On N950, a blue circle is displayed wherever the screen is touched - and a second blue circle which is positioned with central symmetry to the first one.
Best wishes. Questions, questions...
[Edit]There might be video for N9, but it's not nearly as stunning - maybe, because they had shown several devices nearby each other; or it is lack of special effects...[/Edit]

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2013-02-02 at 12:17.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
could you post any pics of those blue circle you are talking about

The Following User Says Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
could you post any pics of those blue circle you are talking about
That is common on N950; its a debugging tool IIRC...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
That is common on N950; its a debugging tool IIRC...
Quick reply...
But it can also be noted that similar blue circles, to signify where invisible finger touched the screen, are present in N900 video. As if they made screenshots on N900, skewed them appropriately and inserted into the video - with this debugging-accessibility tool turned on.
Oh, and how easy-difficult is it to make a screen-video - continuous string of screenshots? As in, on N900 screenshot-image is taken with Ctrl+Shift+P.
Best wishes. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Those circles were later added on the video. You can also see that the "9" trailer , when switching from fullscreen to the task viewer, does not resize correctly. (You've got to see it frame-by-frame to notice it)
The video uses some frames, but some things look a bit different than the actual GUI.
Also, they obviously did not show the real transitions and all that otherwise it would be choppy and show us the truth about the N900

19:48 <Remi-X>: my name is fry and im shy
19:48 <Remi-X>: sh*t how can i even say something that dumb

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
in andoid you can enable show touches in developement setting . I wonder if there anything for N9/00 . I like that feature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
in android you can enable show touches in development setting . I wonder if there anything for N9/00 . I like that feature
Quick reply...
I like that feature, too. I wonder if it is possible to customise it - size, colour, et cetera.
It is said that it possibly to make screenshots on N950 with Ctrl+Shift+P, too - at least, of system interface, if not of third-party apps - but I wasn't successful, yet.
Best wishes. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Wikiwide,

Download the app called ScreenshotMee; its a free app on the Nokia Store and once you have it running, you can cover your proximity sensor to take a screenshot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
You can make a screencast with gstreamer-tools but it's really cpu and IO heavy to do it on device. I am still looking for a better way to make a screencast... anyone?

see here:
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4833
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
[Edit]There might be video for N9, but it's not nearly as stunning - maybe, because they had shown several devices nearby each other; or it is lack of special effects...[/Edit]
Did that N9wallpaper website shown really exist?

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post: